Infused with mega-moisturizers to seal in colour and softness. Find your lip colour amongst a dazzling array of 82 fabulous, fashionable shades!
Rs. 550/- for 4.2 gm (available at discounted price online).
I’m sure that most of you on IMBB didn’t really need that product description! The Revlon Super Lustrous range of lipsticks is super-famous and very popular among lipstick enthusiasts all over the world. I certainly love lipsticks and I’m always looking to increase my collection with new colours, new brands and new finishes. I never seem to have enough!
When it comes to lipstick, I usually stick to MAC, Lancome and Clinique. It is only very recently that I have started experimenting with other brands like L’Oreal and Revlon. This, however, is my very first Revlon lipstick. Because I had heard so much about the Super Lustrous lipsticks and also about how Revlon as a drugstore brand makes lipsticks that are comparable to lipsticks of high-end brands, I thought I must start out with something from this range.
I have dry skin and, of course, dry lips. I need to keep lip balm handy twenty four x seven! That is why I gravitated towards a lipstick with a creamy, lustrous finish rather than a matte one. Although I love matte finish for the opaque coverage and beautiful pigmentation, I find it a little too drying on my lips.
I’m a fan of bold red lips. I love all kind of reds. Black Cherry is a dark, berry, maroon-red (purple-based red, I would say). It’s something like a rich burgundy-wine colour. It is a creme finish lipstick. In the bullet, it looks almost black and oh-so-scary, but it comes off on the lips as a rich, berry, wine red. The colour pigmentation is buildable. You can wear it either as a beautiful berry stain or as a bold, bold red lipstick. I think that this colour is perfect for the winter season.
I particularly like this colour because it draws all the attention to the lips, and you can get away with much less makeup on the rest of the face. Moreover, this draws attention away from other flaws on the skin of the face. It’s a pretty useful colour that I think will suit a lot of skin tones.
Pros of Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry:
- Beautiful maroon-red, burgundy shade. Suits most skin tones.
- Very wearable bold lips.
- Pretty decent pigmentation for a super-lustrous crème lipstick.
- Soft, creamy texture. Glides over the lips.
- Decent staying power, stays put for 2-3 hours without drinking/eating.
- Can be used as a stain on the lips or to create bold, dramatic red lips.
Cons of Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry:
- Because of its super-lustrous finish, this is a little slippery on the lips. You have to be very precise with the application to prevent bleeding.
- The extremely creamy texture makes this lipstick prone to settling in the fine lines of the lips. I have noticed that happening with very creamy lipsticks of even high-end brands.
- Not as pigmented as one might expect it to be. This is a very bold, maroon-red colour, but it is not as pigmented as it looks in the bullet. A matte finish of this shade will be a lot of bolder than this.
Some useful tips for application:
- As with all bold colours, it is recommended that you wear them with a lip liner. I don’t yet have a lip liner in a shade close to this, so for now I’m just using a neutral coloured lip liner. I also think that filling your lips in entirely with the lip liner controls the lipstick from settling into the fine lines of the lips.
- A lip brush for precise application of this rich colour is always useful.
- If you want this creamy lipstick but don’t like the lustre of this lipstick, then you can always apply the lipstick, dab it with a tissue (to reduce the lustrous finish) and then re-apply and dab again. This helps you matte-down the lustrous finish a little bit.
- Finally, although this is a creamy lipstick, I find it better to use it with a chap stick or a matte lip balm underneath. I usually pick the L’Occitane Ultra Rich Shea Butter Lip Balm (I have reviewed it on IMBB) to use underneath it.
Up to 3 years.
This is a very good lipstick. It is soft and creamy. It is very bold, but the colour intensity can easily be varied as per your preference. It can be prone to bleeding or settling into fine lines, but I think that that can be worked around.
Please do suggest some more ways in which I can prevent the lipstick (all creamy lipsticks, actually) from settling into the fine lines!
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Ginger Rose
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Rose Velvet Review, Swatches
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
11 Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Coffee Break
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Sassy Mauve
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Balm Photos, Swatches
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Rosewine
Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl Lipstick Silver City Pink
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Chocolicious
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss Cherries In The Glow
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick First Love 156
Estee Lauder Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick in Black Cherry
ELF Hypershine Lipgloss in Berry Cherry