For me Kajal is a necessity but lipgloss is the most loved product in my makeup kit. I love how pretty it makes me feel and I think applying lipgloss is the quickest way to increase your glamour quotient.
Being a college student, I can’t afford to experiment a lot. So if I hate a product, I am still stuck with it. I have never been very lucky considering only Lakme and Streetwear were the brands under my budget. The Lakme lipgloss though pretty didn’t give me enough colour. The Streetwear lip gloss still gives me nightmares (horrible odour and taste).I realized that it was time for me to increase my budget!!
I had first tried out the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss at a friend’s place. I instantly fell in love with the colour, texture and everything about it. A quick web search followed and I came to know that this is one of the most loved drugstore lipgloss. So was my quest for the perfect lipgloss coming to an end? (Ok, I know I am too dramatic but I was desperate!!) I was a bit skeptical about spending so much on one product but I figured out that
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
In terms of price, 3 Lakme/Streetwear lipgloss=1 Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss but in terms of quality, 1 Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss >>>>>>3 Lakme Lipgloss >> Streetwear Lipgloss So, on my next shopping trip I bought home two shades of this lipgloss. What does Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss claim?
- Glossy formula combines sheer color
- Intense moisture
- Light-reflecting spheres to create amazing shine
- SPF 15
- To sum it up – Silky…Sexy…Brilliant !!
Expert Tips from Revlon: Apply directly to lips for a sheer, high-shine look or over lipstick for a more intense lip look.
Price: Rs 385/- for a 5.9 ml bottle (bought about 6 months back)
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Packaging: It’s a transparent glass (?) tube with a square bottom. It has a soft sponge applicator which is pretty much perfect. Overall the packaging is sleek and super sexy. But I have a bit of a problem with one of the bottles so I think it might be defective. Sometimes a little gloss spills over to the sides (not outside the bottle, just outside the rim) when I close the cap and it gets a little bit messy. I don’t have any such problem with the other bottle. My Experience:
- I love the consistency of this lipgloss. Its non sticky, glides on like a dream and gives a mirror like sheen to the lips.
- It doesn’t have any peculiar smell (not strong if any).
- The taste is not strong and doesn’t bother me at all. After a few applications, you won’t mind it either.
- The colour pay off is quite good for a lipgloss. But the colour does wear off and I have to reapply it (I love that :P) especially after a meal or even a quick bite (so I guess it ain’t kiss proof either :P). But if you are deprived of food (and a bit of kissing), the lip gloss will stay on for hours. It stayed on for about 2 hours and was still fresh but I was too hungry to test it further ( I HAVE to eat something every two hours or so. I just LOVE food. Thank God for an awesome metabolism rate ;)).
- The selection of shades for this product is amazing. I had such a difficult time zeroing upon one lipgloss so I ended up buying two: Chocolate Frost and Coffee Gleam (both discontinued 🙁 ). Both are decently pigmented.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Chocolate Frost: I know chocolate and baby this ain’t no chocolate!! I don’t know who kept the name but this shade is definitely not chocolate coloured, it is quite misleading to say the least. It’s sort of pinkish-mauvish-brownish-nude. Ok, I am bad at it… just have a look at the swatches (very close to what the actual shade looks like). It looks very glossy (not shimmery) on lips. I prefer it over the other shade.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Coffee Gleam: It’s a shimmery pinkish brown. I would call it *toffee *rather than coffee. It’s great for night time. The shimmer/glitter is pretty and not tacky at all. This shade makes me feel oh-so-glamourous!! I prefer Chocolate Frost only because I am not much of a party girl and this is too shimmery for daytime.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
*Things that I love about Revlon Super Lustous Lipgloss:*
- Tasteless and odourless (to me atleast :P)
- Silky smooth and extremely moisturizing
- Very glossy and gives a mirror like shine
- Available in very pretty shades
Things that I don’t love about Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss:(This section was immensely difficult to write but I have come up with a few things)
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
- Price (not a problem for most of you here!!)
- Packaging ( Benefit of doubt again)
- Wears off if you eat (but they don’t claim to be non-transferrable )
- Misleading names (gotcha!! finally one *valid* negative point.. hehe)
I am in love with this product and I highly recommend it. I will definitely buy this lipgloss again and I already have an eye on some of the shades : Nude Lustre, Cherries in the glow (supposedly has some sort of a cult following), Glossy Rose.
IMBB Rating : :star: :star: :star: :star: + 0.5
Have you tried Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss?