WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Revlon Water Tight Mascara Review
Today, I will be reviewing the water tight mascara by Revlon. I had been yearning to get a mascara for many days. Just like all the other girls, I feel that it’s a must-have for every makeup kit. But, my mom never seemed to agree with me as she thought that my eyelashes were long and curly enough and they didn’t need any mascara. But finally, I convinced her to get me one. So, I landed up buying the Revlon Watertight mascara. 🙂
Net Volume: 8ml
What the product claims:
• For all day wear
• Lash separating brush for long, soft lashes
Well, this mascara comes in a plain black, long cylindrical tube. Frankly, speaking there is nothing impressive about the packaging. But, the sales girl convinced me and persuaded me to buy it. As you can see in the picture, it comes with a long wand and a triangular brush with bristles.
My experience with the product:
As I said above, this is the first mascara that I have used. And, I have been using it for the past two months now. The consistency of the product is not very thick and one coat is definitely not enough. Also, I am a bit clumsy when it comes to applying mascara. So, this product was not easy-to-use for me initially. Though the handle is big but applying the mascara is a tough task. Mainly, because the bristles are not fine enough to be applied to the corners. I need to apply it a multiple numbers of times to get the desired volume. It does have a smell which I totally dislike. It claims to be an all-day wear. I would definitely agree to that part. Once applied by me in the morning before leaving for college, it does last for the whole day. Also, it doesn’t give any problems during the rainy season and is perfectly water resistant. I need to use a makeup-remover in order to remove it every night. I am a regular user of contact lenses. So, I am kind of apprehensive about the eye products I use because they can easily lead to an infection. This product did not have any side-effect on my eyes. Thankfully, I didn’t get any itchiness or infection in my eyes. So, I guess this product will work well for all contact-lens wearers. But, as the description of the product says it does not give you soft lashes.
After applying one coat:
After applying two coats:
PROS of Revlon Water Tight Mascara Review
• It does not make your lashes look dramatic. Just adds a bit of volume to them. Good for all those ladies who use mascara every day.
• Opens up your eyes and removes that sleepy look off you face.
• Requires several coats before you can note the difference. At least, in my case, I need to apply more than one coat.
• Adds jet black colour to your lashes and makes them look fuller.
• Dries up as soon as you apply it.
• Does not smudge or melt and waterproof as well.
• Very light and don’t make your lashes feel heavy.
CONS of Revlon Water Tight Mascara
• I am really annoyed with the brush. It works well for my upper lashes but I face a lot of trouble when I try applying it my lower lashes. Also, the sides of my lashes remain untouched. 🙁
• It clumps a bit after applying just one coat.
• It also stiffens my lashes and gives a slightly uneven look. It doesn’t separate the lashes but makes them stick together. I think this is the biggest con of this product.
• It neither curls nor adds any length to my lashes.
• I think the cost is definitely not reasonable. I would prefer using cheaper and better mascara over this product.
Would I repurchase this product?
No, I would not recommend it personally. It is neither convenient for me nor am I satisfied with its results. I am looking forward to trying some other products like Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express etc as soon as this finishes. 🙂
My Rating: 2.5/5
Have you used Revlon Water Tight Mascara ? Please rate in the box below
Revlon Lash Fantasy Higher Definition Mascara
L’oreal Paris Volume Million lashes, Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick
Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow – Copper Coast
Bourjois Volumizer Mascara
Rimmel Extra Super Lash
Revlon Double Twist Volumizing Mascara (Waterproof) Review