Hi Girls ,
I am back with another DIY , this time one with holy basil as main ingredient .
Summers call for coolants , astringents and soothing lotions and also skin soothing face packs.
Here is a simple holy basil face pack which is a mild , cooling face pack which also doubles up as an astringent . We all know tulsi( holy basil in english ) and its various medicinal uses . High in anti-oxidants and valued by ayurveda for its superb healing qualities , holy basil or tulsi is also used in many herbal beauty products including lotions , shampoos , hair oil even soaps . Marked by its strong aroma and astringent taste, it is regarded in Ayurveda as a kind of “elixir of life” , “queen of herbs” and believed to promote longevity.
Holy Basil is one of the best known adaptogen , anti-oxidant and immuno-modulater.
So lets get started for our DIY .
1. Pluck a big bunch of holy basil leaves , because these leaves are coarse and we need lots of them to get a decent amount of juice for our face pack . Most homes have a holy basil in their courtyard or atleast in a small pot somewhere in balcony .
2. A binding medium , I recommend besan as it makes the skin smooth .
1. Take the bunch of holy basil leaves and soak them in warm water for some time to soften them .
2. Clean the basil leaves for any dirt/dust settled on them with same warm water .
3. Put them in mixie grinder and grind them . Do not add water as we want concentrated juice only .
This is how the leaves look when we grind them .
4. Remove the pulp leaves from grinder and squeeze them and collect the juice in a small dish . Make two portions of juice. Keep one portion aside.
5. Add honey .
We are not using any other herb in this pack as we want all the goodness of basil leaves in our face pack.
7. Take the remaining portion of juice and soak two small cotton balls in the juice.
This is how the pack looks :
How to use this face pack:
1. After you have mixed all ingredients let the pack stand for 5 mins .
2. Take some paste and apply it on the face and neck.
3. Now , take the two cotton balls dipped in holy basil juice and place them on your eyes .
4. Lie down for a while till the pack dries off .
5. Wash it off with plain water (normal temperature).
6. Pat your face dry and apply a moisturiser.
My experience with Holy Basil Face Pack :
I have been using this pack since my college days to clear blemishes and rejuvenate my skin . When you place the cotton balls dipped in holy basil juice on your eyes it helps in removing under eye dark circles . The honey in pack moisturises the skin and the binding agent( besan) acts as exfoliating agent when you remove the pack by slowly massaging it in circular directions .
Benefits of holy basil face pack :
1. Clears blemishes .
2. Clears tan/pigmentation.
3. Mild face pack hence safe for those with sensitive skin.
4. Mild face pack and can be used daily .
5. Ant-bacterial . Many times we get small pimples (these are very small and are pus free ) due to pollution and exposure to dust . As this pack is anti-bacterial it hepls in clearing these small pimples.
6. Coolant and astringent. Holy basil is a natural astringent .
7. Nice aroma , hence soothing to mind and skin as well .
8. Brightens the skin instantly .
Thank you all for reading. I request all the readers to give this pack a try as soon as possible and feel the difference . Good Luck! 🙂
Aroma Magic Almond Nourishing Cream
Chanel Precision Hydramax + Active Nutrition Nourishing Cream
Fab India Coral Glow Face Pack
Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack (With Photos)
Biotique Pistachio Ageless Nourishing & Revitalizing Face Pack
Lotus Herbals Face Pack Review: Teatreeclear,Claywhite, Marinyouth
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
Homemade Turmeric Face Pack for Skin
Aroma Magic Mineral Face Pack Detoxifying Mask
Jovees Anti Tan and Clarifying Herbal Face Pack
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Dhathri Fairness Face Pack
Aroma Magic Calamine Face Pack Acne Skin
Everyuth Home Facial- Papaya Face Pack