Do you often wonder what kind of skincare routine and products do women with clear skin follow? While glass skin requires a lot of effort, there are some basic steps one can follow to get clear skin. While the Internet is replete with infinite information, suggestions and techniques to help you get better skin, it is very difficult to sieve out what’s really worth it and easy to implement. Makeup can only cover up flaws and blemishes, but proper skincare routine and certain habits can improve the quality of skin, and there’s not much effort needed. In this post, we list down 15 steps all women with clear skin follow and if you are able to implement them in your daily routine, then they might help you too!
1. Change Your Pillow Case Regularly: If you have acne problem, then read this one! If you have been noticing pimples and acne on just one side of your face, your pillowcase might be the culprit. Use soft and satin pillows and change them regularly to clear bacterial buildup and prevent breakouts. Also, satin or silk pillowcases are great to smooth out frizzy hair too. Similarly, remember to replace your face towels every day, if not more often.
2. Wash Your Makeup Brushes Regularly: Now, this one you must have heard often enough. But believe me, you have to be very, very disciplined about this, because makeup brushes are bacterial hubs. Rati’s post on washing makeup brushes was very useful. She suggests that brushes that we use with cream or liquid products should be washed after every use. I try sticking to that as a rule. The brushes that I use with my powder products, I wash after every 2-3 times of use. Rati also suggests conditioning your brushes, which is an excellent idea. Because this makes your brushes (especially the big face brushes) very nice and soft, and hence, non-abrasive and gentle on your skin.
3. Is Your Cellphone Clean? So, you wash your pillowcases and your makeup brushes, but what about your cellphone? Your cellphone has accumulated loads and loads of bacteria from absolutely everywhere it has been! And then you put it against your ear and face. While you can’t wash your phone, we would suggest wiping it with antibacterial wipes and then quickly wiping it with dry, soft tissues. Do this at least once a day, if possible. Otherwise, our rigorous routine of cleaning, toning etc., will just fall flat!
4. Sunscreen, sunscreen! Don’t step out during the daytime if you are not wearing sunscreen. Don’t underestimate the consequences of sun damage! Sun damage is very bad for the skin. Along with wrinkles, dark circles, tanning etc., it causes premature ageing and can even cause skin cancer. To ensure good skin now and for the future, use sunscreen that offers both UVA and UVB protection on all exposed parts (with a minimum of SPF 30). Additionally, you must always wear a pair of good sunglasses, carry an umbrella and a bottle of water whenever you’re out in the sun. Also, don’t neglect your lips. Always wear a lip balm with SPF.
5. Wear Sunglasses with Polarized Lenses: We would strongly recommend that you invest in a pair of sunglasses with polarized lenses. These lenses significantly cut out the glare of the sun, therefore protecting your eyes to a much greater extent than regular sunglasses. Therefore, the delicate area around your eyes will steer clear of dark circles and wrinkles that are caused by the harsh effects of sunlight.
6. Use Homemade Face Packs and Scrubs: These work wonders! There are lots and lots of preparations available on IMBB, so you can take your pick (20 Best Homemade Face Packs with Honey). Whip up some yogurt, turmeric, gram flour, honey and lemon juice. You can choose the proportions according to your preference. It hydrates my skin and leaves it feeling unbelievably soft and supple with every use. Secondly, it soothes skin, brightens it and reduces the effects of suntan. It also helps fade acne scars. Finally, it works as an excellent scrub and reduces blackheads. These ingredients are perfectly safe (they are edible, after all!) for long-term use. This way, you will cut out all those chemicals, save all that money and actually see wonderful results!
7. Opt for a Soap-free Cleanser: We are all for SLS-free shampoo, so it’s about time we turned to soap-free body cleansers. It doesn’t feel dry, irritated or itchy. The same way, avoid using soap on the face, use a gentle cleanser that’s also alcohol free. Using a soap-free cleanser regularly will really work wonders for the skin.
8. Coconut Oil for Dry Skin and Jojoba Oil for Oily Skin: Dry skin would just love coconut oil and leave it moisturized and hydrated. Pure coconut oil is very lightweight and hardly has any smell. It also has healing properties, so dry skin, itchiness, flakiness, redness, burn marks and dark patches are all cured in the process. If you can find pure coconut oil, then you must, must give it a shot. It is great for hair, skin and for makeup removal. Also, you can use coconut oil to remove all traces of makeup. Likewise, jojoba oil is great for all skin types, especially for oily and acne-prone skin type because it does not clog pores and moisturizes and hydrates skin the same way as coconut oil. You need to add moisture back into the skin to keep a lot of skin care woes away.
9. Eat Eggs for Good Skin: Eating eggs regularly really improves the texture of the skin. Eggs are not only great for weight loss, they can improve the quality and texture of the skin by providing the body protein, essential nutrients, and even trace minerals. Egg whites also help to tighten and firm skin.
10. Seasonal Fruits: This season is all about watermelon, mango, papaya, muskmelon, grapes and tons of other fruits. Make the most of them. Because to keep your skin fresh and hydrated, you need more than just water. Include these fruits in your diet and also whip them up for topical application. They are sure to help you get smoother, softer and glowing skin.
11. Exercise Routine: Physical exercise, even if it is for 20 minutes in a day, really helps you release toxins from your body. It is good for overall health (even if losing weight is not on your agenda) and the effects are sure to show on your beautiful skin.
12. Try and pick Fragrance-free Products: Just like parabens, phthalates, and sulfates – “fragrance,” which is often added by skincare brands to increase the appeal of their products or to mask the unpleasant smell of active ingredients, is usually extracted from synthetic chemicals, and can irritate skin, penetrate into the skin and alter hormones, and may even cause cancer. We would like to add that even naturally extracted fragrances are not good for the skin, they might cause skin irritation on most skin types. Although you may not see immediate effects of fragrance on the skin, it is a major factor that contributes to a whole lot of skin issues that you may have. To begin with, here’s a list of 19 Best Fragrance-Free Moisturizers and Best Fragrance-Free Sunscreens that you can try.
13. Glycolic Acid is Amazing for All Skin Types: Glycolic acid, one of the most popular AHA (alpha hydroxy acids), is a multitasker skincare ingredient because it exfoliates without causing abrasions, smooths out rough skin, and also brightens up skin tone. Here’s a list of 10 Best Glycolic Acid Products for Smooth Skin.
14. They try Oil Cleansing: OCM is a beauty treatment that involves cleaning your face with oils. It’s based on the logic that oil dissolves oil, clean facial pores deeply, can dissolve any kind of makeup, reduce the amount of sebum, nourish skin with nutrients, and thereby giving you clear skin. It is also a method which would help you nourish and pamper skin. This method advocates replacing your regular cleanser with cold-pressed natural oils. Here’s how you can do oil cleansing at home.
15. They Drink Loads of H2O: Pure water helps to flush out toxins from the body, keeps skin hydrated, and regulates sebum production. Added bonus, it will help with weight loss too!
I have tried all of the aforementioned simple ways to improve the health of my skin and I guarantee that they have all worked for me. Make these little changes one by one and you’ll see the difference for yourself.
10 Steps for a Great Home Manicure
10 Most Beautiful Indian Women Ever
10 Great Habits for Healthy Lifestyle
Top 10 Brands for Women’s Watches
Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector
Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20
Fruits For A Better Skin Tone
Vaseline Healthy White Skin Lightening Body Milk