Every woman wants to look good irrespective of everything. Makeup plays an important role in it. But, as the temperatures rise and summer creeps in, makeup can become a sticky mess. To avoid the makeup horrors in hot summer months just follow these basic tips while getting ready.
Makeup Tips for Summers:
• To avoid makeup breakdown in summers it is important to prep your T-zone with a light antiperspirant product.
• Apply a lightweight primer, and then apply a lightweight foundation. It’s better if you opt for a tinted moisturizer with SPF instead of your regular foundation. Tinted moisturizers feel much lighter on skin. If you do not want to spend money on a tinted moisturizer then here is what you can do. Just combine a small amount of your liquid foundation with an equally small amount of moisturizer. It will thin it out and provide you with a lighter coat.
• Stay away from concealer; apply a small amount of foundation to conceal any spots.
• Avoid using pressed powder in summers as it can form patches on skin. If you must use it, use it sparingly.
• Apply an eye primer and then use a soft shimmery eye shadow on your lids. To get that glow on your lids opt for a coloured eye gloss. These don’t crease as quickly as a cream shadow. Do not opt for cream eye shadow as they can melt off the face in hot summer months.
• Apply waterproof or long-wear gel eyeliner in colours like brown, black and navy. Curl your lashes and apply a few coats of waterproof mascara. Or still better use a smearproof clear lash gel for a glimmering effect.
• For cheek colour, apply a light layer of a gel or liquid blush. These stay longer than powder blush. Light shade of bronzer on cheekbones and chin gives you a beautiful suntan.
• For lips try a lipliner to avoid colour from bleeding. Lips should have a coat of long-wear lip stain with a bit of shine. Do not overkill your look by using dark colours on your lips. Soft matte is the most preferable one for the ladies. It can be a pink shade or soft brown with sheer gloss. Also, stay away from clear gloss as believe it or not they can increase your chances of lip burn. Gloss with a bit of colour is a best bet, since the pigment is a natural sun block and SPF in it will help further.
• Finish your look with a few spritzes of a makeup-setting spray.
• To hide your body scars try body concealers which are water-resistant.
Understand your sunscreen:
There are two types of sun block products:
• Physical sun block: The main ingredients in these products are titanium dioxide or zinc oxide. Physical sun block stick better to the skin than chemical one. Since they are chemical-free they do not tingle or sting like chemical ones. You can try Neutrogena Sensitive Skin UVA/UVB Sun block.
• Chemical sun block: The main ingredient in such sun block is octyl methoxycinnamate.
Do not move out of your house until your sunscreen has dried out completely or say is absorbed into your skin. People who are allergic to sunscreen can opt for oil-free and fragrance-free product.
Tips for Hair:
• Sun can wreck havoc on coloured hair. Take care of colour-treated hair by deep condition your hair using a product containing keratin, jojoba oil, wheat germ protein or other natural ingredients that increase moisture, shine and elasticity.
• Always use a leave in conditioner with sunscreen in it before you go out in the sun.
• Always keep your hair coated with light moisturizing products to keep frizzy hair at bay.
• Avoid hair products with formaldehyde or alcohol in it as they tend to dry out hair.
• Try to stay away from hot styling tools like blow dryers, hot irons, rollers for summer months.
Hope these tips will help you to look fresh and radiant rather than looking ruined and washed out in summers.
Monsoon Makeup Tips
How to Prevent Eyeliner from Smudging
Skin and Hair Care Tips for Monsoons
Basic Eye Makeup Tips
How to Prevent Summer Makeup Meltdown
12 Quick Fix Makeup Tips
15 Budget Beauty Tips