Summer is here and while everyone is ready to welcome summers, people with oily skin dread summer season for obvious reasons – it means oilier, greasier skin, and recurrence of acne and pimples. Since summers have just begun, you must know what you should do and what you must avoid so that your oily skin behaves well with you! If you have oily skin, you already how bad it can get during hot and humid months. To stop your skin from giving you nightmares this summer, start taking control over it right from the beginning and we have got summer oily skin care tips that your dermatologist would approve in this post. Summer is the time when oily skin experiences breakouts and clogged pores. Here are a few tips to help you ensure that your oily skin behaves perfectly well during the hot summer days:
1. Use Salicylic acid based products: Go for cleansers and ointments that contains salicylic acid. Don’t forget to check the list of ingredients first. Wash your face with salicylic acid based cleanser and use a soft towel to pat dry your face. Salicylic acid is a keratolytic agent and one of the most effective skin care ingredients that can shed the outer layer of skin. It is used in the treatment of acne, dandruff, seborrhea, or psoriasis, and also to remove corns, calluses, and warts. Saslic DS Face Wash, La Roche Posay Acne Treatment Cream, Avene Cleanance Mask are some products that have salicylic acid as an ingredient.
2. Don’t forget the dear old Multani Mitti: Multani Mitti is a marvel of nature and don’t forget to use it to your own advantage. Mix two spoons of multani mitti with a spoon of sandalwood powder or tomato juice. Make a smooth paste with rose water, which acts as a natural astringent. Apply this face pack twice a week to get glowing skin sans oil and grease. This face pack not only helps to keep your skin healthy and smooth, but it also helps in arresting the over-production of oil.
3. Use gel-based products to hydrate your skin: Gels would always be nice and cool to your skin. If you can get hold of pure aloe vera gel, nothing can be better! Massage your skin with it to help soothe stressed skin and at the same time, it keeps oily skin in the pink. If it is not possible, invest in a good quality aloe vera gel packaged by a reputed brand and use it on your skin everyday to hydrate and nourish oily skin without having to worry about breaking out.
4. Never go out without sun protection: Invest in a good gel-based sunscreen product with high SPF because it would prevent you from tanning, hyperpigmentation, and premature ageing. Use a good broad-spectrum sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection to protect your skin. Make sure that the sunscreen product you lay your hand on is oil free and doesn’t clog pores.
5. Drink gallons of water: Water helps to flush out toxins from your body. Moreover, summer makes you prone to sweat and hence you must try to replenish the water content lost from your body. Drinking lots and lots of water is the simplest way to keep your body hydrated. Moreover, it also helps to keep your skin healthy and all the other tips would work for you only if you can flush out the toxins from your body. Oily skin is a major problem in summers and if you are not careful, you will start having pimples and acne.
6. Follow CTM Routine Diligently: Never skip the cleansing, toning, and moisturizing routine two times a day because it would help clear congestion of skin during hot summer months.
7. Remove every bit of makeup at night: You need to let your skin breathe at night to prevent acne, clogged pores, and that’s why it’s important to sleep with a clean face at night. Use a good cleanser or follow the double cleansing method to remove every trace of makeup.
8. Choose oil-free, water-based skincare and makeup products: Pick water-based skincare and makeup products to keep the grease away and also to prevent the oil content from causing breakouts on your face. MAC Studio Waterweight SPF Foundation and The Face Shop Oil Control Water Cushion Long-Lasting Moist Cover Foundation are some water-based foundations available in the market.
Summers can be fun with lovely floral prints, crisp cotton sarees, sleeveless outfits, skirts and shades like baby pink, white and aqua blue. However, it is very important to prepare your skin to combat the woes of summer so that you can look gorgeous, irrespective of everything else!
How to Care for Combination Skin
30 Best Clay Masks Available in India For Oily Skin
Top Tips for Oily Skin Care
Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris For Combination or Oily Skin
Aroma Magic Blended Skin Oil For Oily Skin
Summer Makeup Tips