Superdrug Vitamin E All Over Body Butter
As many of you must be aware, Superdrug is one of UK’s largest health and beauty retailers. You walk into any big mall in UK and you are sure to find a Superdrug outlet there. After all they have more 900 outlets in the country.
Last weekend while out shopping, we strolled past the beauty stores and as is my habit, I could not resist taking a quick look. First we headed to the Superdrug store and to the skin care section. More than make up, I am inclined towards skin care products and love trying out new stuff.
My regular Cocoa Butter body lotion was nearing an end, so I thought of picking up a body lotion. I picked up the Superdrug Vitamin E – All Over Body Butter.
What Superdrug Vitamin E All Over Body Butter claims?
– 12 hour moisturisation
– It contains natural Shea and Cocoa butter to nourish and hydrate skin, leaving it soft, supple and smooth.
– enriched with naturally sourced Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that will shield your skin against environmental damage and premature skin ageing by combating the harmful effects of free radicals
Price: I think it was £1.99 for a 200ml tub
My Experience with Superdrug Vitamin E All Over Body ButterThough not for 12 hours, the body butter does leave my skin moisturised for a good 6-7 hours. The texture is silky smooth and it gets absorbed very easily by the skin. It does not leave any sticky or shiny feeling. It is smooth like satin. And the fragrance is just beautiful. Normally cocoa butter has a strong smell. But this one is so mild and delicate and has a lovely flowery smell. I am just not able to get the right description but – it is very pleasant – that sort of sums it up. And I loved the packaging too. The tub is a light mauvish pastel colour and it instantly brings to mind soft smooth satin. It is just my interpretation – colours and texture of any product are a major deciding factor for me 🙂
Pros of Superdrug Vitamin E All Over Body Butter:
1. Skin remains moisturised for quite a long time (they claim 12 hour moisturisation).
2. High in antioxidants.
3. Its suitable for normal to dry skin.
4. Rich in natural Vitamin E.
5. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
6. No animal testing involved.
7. Contains skin conditioning multivitamin complex comprising of vitamins A, B, F and H.
8. Also contains horse chestnut extract which helps care for dry skin.
Cons of Superdrug Vitamin E – All Over Body Butter:
1. Contains parabens – when I saw the ingredients list – there were so many kinds of parabens listed – methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben and isobutyl paraben
Final Verdict – even though it has a long list of parabens in the ingredients, I feel its benefits are too good to be ignored.
Rating: 4.75 out of 5
Will I repurchase? Yes, yes, yes – I loved it.
The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter
The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter and Soap
The Body Shop – Vitamin E Moisture Lotion SPF 15
Jovees Wheatgerm And Vitamin E Face Massage Cream
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisturising Cream