What it claims: A range of ultra-shiny, sheer tinted, wet-look lip glosses that offer intense moisturisation and conditioning for the lips. Each subtly scented with a passion fruit fragrance. Dermatologically tested.
Quantity: 13 ml
Price: Rs. 575
Marula Oil – Is a very effective moisturiser that also helps to condition the skin over time. Also provides essential fatty acids that help to repair the skin’s moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
Lanolin oil – Is one of nature’s richest moisturisers.
Avocado oil – Helps to moisturise the lips.
Shades I own: Coral Spice, Cherry, Stop Violence
(L-R): Cherry, Coral Spice, Stop Violence
What I like about The Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatment:
- Not tested on animals
- It keeps my lips feeling soft, supple and moisturised even much after the gloss has completely vanished from my lips.
- I do like the quality of the in-built plastic applicator. It is one of the smoothest applicators that I have used so far with respect to tube glosses.
- Very small quantity is required for each application. I use it several times a day when I am out but it seems that these tubes are going to last me for another decade!
- I simply adore the peaches, apricots and passion fruit fragrance! It makes me feel instantly awake and fresh ! 🙂
- These tubes work best when layered over a lipstick. They do indeed create a 3 dimensional shine and a pretty pout 🙂
- Extremely portable and non-messy in my purse 🙂 (of course, it goes without saying that you have to be careful while closing the cap).
- Staying power is a good 3-4 hours if you are on a hunger strike. Else it does tend to fade off a bit while consuming meals.
- The consistency is on the thicker side but that does not tug at my lips or make them feel uncomfortable.
- It is indeed a “lip treatment” for those with dry or flaky lips.
- Makes lips look fuller and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
What I don’t like about The Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatment:
- It is slightly on the sticky side but my lips adjust to the stickiness within a span of a couple of seconds.
- These do tend to be sheer particularly the lighter shades. Even the color of the darker shades tends to fade off in an hour or so. Nevertheless the “glossy shine” remains albeit the absence of color.
- I am sure many people out there will find the scent overpowering even though I personally love it. I would advise those intending to buy this gloss to first sniff a fresh tube at the outlet as all the testers are odourless ! (I guess the smell has vanished due to persistent use and exposure to air!)
- I find it a bit difficult to remove.
- It also requires a bit of an effort to spread the gloss evenly across your lips because of its thickness.
Verdict: A good addition to my collection of tube glosses 🙂
Would you purchase again? : Yes, without doubt. :))
Also Read :
- The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain – Rose Pink Review
- The Body Shop Lip Scuff Review
- The Body Shop Lip Care – Satsuma Shimmer Born Lippy Lip Balm + Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick
- The Body Shop Colourglide Lip Colour : Swatches and Review
- The Body Shop Delipscious Tinted Lip Balm Photos and Swatches
- The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter Review