WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
By Anushka D.
I wanted to share a few tricks which every woman should know. It’s always good to know a little extra, just in case :))
- Use white wine to help remove red wine stains.
- To help control odor problem, apply an antiseptic cream (Boroline) at night and make sure to wash it off properly during your shower next morning.
- Always stuff your boots with paper to avoid any crease and to keep them standing long.
- To temporarily fix your hem, use duck tape, pin or paper pins until you get it permanently fixed.
- Fix your broken eyeshadow with some rubbing alcohol. Pour some and let it set, and use again.
- Any scratch on your favorite leather bag can be removed with a tiny amount of moisturizer. Just take a bit of your moisturizer on a cotton wool and rub on the scratch until it’s gone.
- This may sound a little weird, but it does help. Loosen your stiff shoes by putting them on with a pair of socks and blowing your feet with a hot hair dryer.
- Since we spoke about hair dryer, here is another thing I learnt. While using a hair dryer to dry your hair, make sure you keep the nozzle downwards the entire time, this would control frizz.
- I am sure we all have this one favorite pair of jeans and you would want to slip into it often. To keep your jeans from fading, do the final wash with ½ cup distilled white vinegar.
- To check whether your bra fits well, make sure to put two fingers under the band. If it doesn’t, then it’s too small and tight.
- This tip is for winters. De-fuzz your sweater with a new clean pumic stone (I am sure you wouldn’t want to use a used one; your clothes are too precious).
- To remove lipstick stains from clothes, rub the area with glycerin and leave it for an hour before you wash it. Another way is to put blotting blotting paper under the stain and rub the affected part with methylated spirit. Then sponge with a grease solvent.
- Never hang your woolen in the hangers, always fold and stack them up. Helps to keep the shape.
- One more trick for your purse. If there are oil stains on your purse, put a little bit of baby powder on the area and leae it overnight. By morning, the stain should be gone.
- If you have sweat stains in your white shirt, make sure to spray some lemon juice in the affected area before you give it for a wash.
- Use baby wipes to remove deodorant marks.
- Fix your stuck zipper by rubbing them with a graphite pencil tip or a candle.
- Make sure to iron your button-up shirt inside –out. Makes ironing faster, this goes true for embroidered shirts also.
- To have wrinkle-free clothes while traveling, make sure to put them in lean dry clean bags before you put them in your suitcase. I always do this!
- The best way to store your nail polish is to keep it in the refrigerator. I know most of you might keep your lipsticks also in the refrigerator.
- You can try an oatmeal bath to reduce sun tan. Take some oatmeal and sack it up in a muslin cloth and throw it in your tub or bucket, leave it for 15 minutes and use the water.
- To clear a room full of smoke after a party, use a mixture of hot water and vinegar. Dip a towel in it and wave it about the room. Sounds funny, funny but works to an extent. You can use your room freshener after that.
- Keep a mixture of glycerin and rose water near your kitchen skin and apply it immediately to your hands after doing dishes; doesn’t make your hands rough.
I hope you can make use of these tips. I have tried most of them and was really excited to share it with you all. I know most of them sound crazy, but it’s always good to learn a few crazy and easy tricks.
Winter Skin and Hair Care Tips
15 Budget Beauty Tips
20 Makeup Tips & Tricks
5 Easy Skincare Tips For Would-Be Brides
Fashion Tips for Plus Size Women
12 Quick Fix Makeup Tips
Hair Care 4: Tips for Dry Hair
15 Tips To Look Slim in Indian Outfits