WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The benefits of a healthy diet cannot be ignored. You can camouflage a bad skin day or days with skincare products or makeup items but, they will help just to an extent. After a point nothing other than a nutritional diet works.
Mentioned below are few such food items that give our skin that much needed glow. Try these ‘beauty foods’ to boost the natural radiance and brightness of your skin.
Top 10 beauty foods
• Walnuts are a rich source of omega-3 essential fatty acid, it assists in lubricating the skin and thus improve the skin texture and softness. They’re also rich in biotin and vitamin E, which help protect skin cells from DNA damage.
• Oysters and fatty fish like salmon also work wonders for the skin. They provide our skin with oils that lubricate and reduce inflammation, which often leads to redness, acne, and scaly skin. Oysters have a high content of Zinc which speeds up the renewal and repair of dead cells. It also supports in producing collagen which provides structural support of the skin. Salmon on other hand is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 is beneficial for improving circulation and reducing wrinkles.
• Low fat yoghurt is a very good source of calcium. It plays a vital role in maintaining strong bones, beautiful nails, good posture, and a beautiful smile.
• Kiwifruit, another good source of antioxidants, kiwis are also a great source of vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C stimulates collagen synthesis and protects against wrinkles.
• Strawberries have something called ellagic acid which is an antioxidant that protects the elastic fibers that keep skin from sagging.
• Orange-red vegetables are full of beta-carotene. Our bodies convert beta-carotene into vitamin A, which acts as an antioxidant, preventing cell damage and premature aging. Tomatoes are a major source of lycopene, a potent antioxidant also thought to protect against sunburn. These also have Vitamin A, Potassium and folic acid which help our body to guards against infections and purifies the blood.
• Dark chocolates with almost 70% cocoa content can add beauty to your skin. Cocoa helps reduce stress hormones, which means less collagen breakdown in the skin, and fewer wrinkles.
• Blueberries, being very rich in anti oxidants like Anthocyanin, vitamin C, B complex,vitamin E, vitamin A, copper, selenium, zinc, iron(promotes immunity by raising haemoglobin and oxygen concentration in blood) etc. boost up your immune system and prevent infections. Their antioxidant, antiageing, and anti-inflammatory effects protect you from premature ageing.
• Kidney beans are packed with protein, iron zinc and biotin, that will give you longer and stronger hair.
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
How to Get a Clear Skin Complexion
How to Care for Combination Skin
Blemishes– Causes & Skin Care
Skin Care for Oily Skin
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Daily Skin Care Regimen for Working Women
Top 7 Skin Myths about Acne
Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne
Acne: Types, Causes and Cure
Truth About Packaged Foods
Foods To Reduce Belly fat
Organic foods and Their Benefits