This season has some very interesting trends and bold colours in terms of makeup. While Burberry focused on brown smoky eyes, and taupe eyeshadow, shows like Lanvin had well defined shapes while using eyeliner. Lots of colours such as emerald green, cobalt and berry reds made this fall all about high impact. Here are the top makeup trends observed for this season:
1. Dramatic Reds: Lips are bold and well defined this season, with gothic lipstick with black undertones, and an interesting shaded lip at Basso and Brooke. Go for darker hues like deep maroons and berry reds and keep the rest of your makeup simple.
2. Brown and Neutral Smokey Eye: At Burberry Prorsum, there were gorgeous coats and all the models sported dewy skin, with dark and metallic brown smokey eyes. Use a brown or neutral palette to get this look. Think rich espresso coloured brown along your inner lash lines, then a medium brown all over the eyelid, and shimmery highlighter on the brow bone.
3. Emerald Green Eyeshadow: Think bright, sparkly jewel-toned green for eyeshadow. This was seen at Jason Wu, where eyes were dramatic, bright green and winged. Try a shade of gunmetal on the lids blended with rich jewel-toned green.
4. Wild Cat Eyes: Take the usual cat eye look up a notch – warning, this isn’t for the faint hearted! 😀 This look basically involves using tons of gel eyeliner and making a fluid, thick line winged at the end for a more fierce take on the usual cat eye look.
5. Gold: Marchesa is known for being elaborate and regal, and this season was no exception as gold made its way across the runway as the colour of choice. Think gold accents – a little white-gold eyeshadow all over lids, or a sweep of metallic gold along the outer corner of eyelids, or maybe gold dust on your cheekbones.
6. Cobalt Accents:
Cobalt was seen as a shockingly exuberant way of highlighting eyes at Anna Sui. While the runway usage of this trend may be too dramatic for everyday wear, you could go for blue mascara, noticeably popular this season, or bright cobalt liquid liner traced around the eyes.
7. Bright Matte Lipstick:
Skipping gloss, most shows this season were focused on matte. Think bright, electric pinks and red as seen at Marc Jacobs. A great tip for this look is to apply a clear lip balm, add two or three coats of lipstick and blot to get the same natural matte look.
8. Healthy Rosy Cheeks: Blush was used liberally to create that healthy glow one achieves after exercise. A lovely flush was seen on models at Michael Kors among others. A tip to get this look is to stick to cream blushes since they glide on easily and have better staying power too.
Dark Blue Smokey Eye Makeup
Shimmery Grey Black Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Silver Plum Eye Makeup Tutorial
Lakme Eye Quartet Botanica Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Easy Office Eye MakeUp Tutorial
Silver Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye makeup tutorial using MAC Siahi Fluidline
Golden Black Eye Makeup Tutorial
Easy 3-minute Neutral Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup: Soft Smokey Eyes- Makeup Tutorial
Blue Pink Eye Makeup Tutorial