WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The skin under our eyes is very delicate and can easily appear sunken and dark due to environmental factors. Often, certain medications also have side effects that cause these problems. Many people suffer from this condition due to genetic reasons or because of allergies. Thankfully, there are a number of natural and simple remedies that can help rid us of sunken eyes and pigmentation. Here are a few of the most effective remedies and tips:
1. Adequate Sleep: Not just for the skin under the eye area, but for our whole body, adequate amount of rest is essential. For the eyes specifically, it is important to let them rest so that the delicate skin regenerates in the night so that we wake up with well rested and bright skin. It is also important to have consistent and uninterrupted sleep during the night. Try to stick to a pattern of sleep – go to bed at the same time and wake at the same time to allow the body to accept this pattern. The sleeping position also matters – sleeping on the stomach can cause fluids to accumulate under the eyes and make them look more sunken and puffy. Always sleep on your back.
2. Say No to Smoking and Drinking: Smoking and drinking are strict no-nos if one wants to avoid the problem of sunken eyes and dark circles altogether. These two practices cause collagen which enhances the natural elastic properties of our skin to degrade. Over time, this will cause the skin to sag and make dark circles appear more prominent.
3. Application of Topical Treatments or Oils: Many physicians recommend topical treatments such as those that contain Vitamin A, C, E, and K. These vitamins enrich the area under the eyes and help decrease the appearance of dark and sunken eyes. Some natural essential oils can also be used for nourishing the under eye area. Almond oil has been shown to reduce these conditions to a great extent as it contains Vitamin E. It can be used by massaging the under eye area very gently with a bit of warmed almond oil. Alternatively, Vitamin E capsules can also be used in a similar manner.
4. Ingredients From the Kitchen: A number of food items from the kitchen can be used that are otherwise thrown away or not used. Tea bags can be used for improving blood circulation around the eyes. Tea contains flavonoids and antioxidants that help nourish the skin. Applying these tea bags while they are cold under the eyes also helps to depuff the under eye circles. Another great ingredient is raw potato juice. Cold potato juice is known for depuffing and reducing dark spots around the eyes.
5. Sunscreen: Protection from the sun is the most vital tip as the sun’s harsh rays can damage the skin around our eyes in seconds. Make sure to apply sunscreen all over the face, including eye lids and under eye area. Avoid squinting in the sun, as it damages those areas and makes them permanent. Always wear sunglasses or a hat to avoid direct sunlight on the eyes.
6. Cold Water or Compress: We often hear of a makeup tip of applying an ice cube to the face for depuffing the skin and prepping it for makeup. The same applies for cold water under the eyes or an ice compress under the eyes as it helps to improve blood circulation and reduce the appearance of dark circles and sunken eyes.
7. Diet and Water Intake: Often we believe that dark circles and sunken eyes are caused by external factors. However, diet as an internal factor plays an equally important role. Ensure that you consume a balanced diet including green leafy vegetables. Water intake also helps to regulate the skin’s appearance so ensure a daily intake of 1-2 litres of water.
7 Ways to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Instantly
9 Ways to Lighten Dark Circles Under Eye Overnight
How to Apply Eye Serum Correctly
10 Ways To Make Your Eyelashes 5 Times Longer and Thicker
How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under Eyes
5 Best Under Eye Dark Circles Removal Creams in India