VLCC SKIN DEFENSE INDIAN BERBERRY FACE SCRUB REVIEW-
Refreshes, Deep Cleanses and Removes Blackheads. Believe not much explanation is required on the importance of a face scrub in our skin care routine. I have been a fan of St Ives apricot scrub for past many years and still am one…and in no way am intending to compare St Ives and VLCC here. However thought of reviewing this face scrub from VLCC just because, like many others I was not quite fond of VLCC range of products but this scrub has drastically changed that impression and helped me develop some sort of liking towards the brand…..thanks to my hubby who picked it up despite me forcing him not to take it, I usually turn my head and walk past the VLCC counter!!Using this for past few months and I have never felt like a I need a change. Hope this would be a surprise for those who are against VLCC!!Just check it out!!
What the company claims? The remarkable product exfoliates and rejuvenates, porcelains and re-texturises, cleans and refreshes the skin. Plant extracts makes this exfoliator apt for all skin types.
Method of use:
- Apply on clean skin, leave for 2-3 minutes, then massage gently for 3-4 minutes. Avoid sensitive skin near eyes. Rinse off using lukewarm water.
For best results:
- Use twice weekly. Follow up with a VLCC face pack suited for your skin type for a glowing skin.
Method of application which gave me good results personally:
- I apply this on face and leave on for 10 minutes and then massage for 3-4 minutes, then wash it off in lukewarm water, well even plain water is fine which I have tried too. I don’t use a face pack or moisturizer after this because glow is visible otherwise also and it is not at all drying for my normal to combination skin…probably a face pack can add an extra glow but I am very much happy about the effect it gives even without a pack.
Ingredients: Carica Papaya(papaya seed)-6%, Musa sapientum(Banana pulp)-3%, Melia Azadirachta (Margosa extract)-5%, Mangifera indica(Mango seed powder)-1%, Phoenix dactilyfera(date ext.)-2.5%, Trigonella -foenum graceum(fenugreek ext.)-2%, Zinc oxide-5%, Zea maize(corn oil)-1.5%, Berberis Arisata(Indian berberry ext)-3%, Cream base.
A little information on the major ingredients:
- Indian Berberry, otherwise Tree Turmeric upon which the product is named – is used in Ayurveda and is known for its antibacterial and skin whitening/bleaching properties.
- Papaya seed(contributing the major share among all ingredients) is well known for removal of black and white heads and acts as an exfoliating agent with its granular texture..
Margosa or Neem extract – is widely known as a small miracle of nature which gives astounding results. It has various health and skin benefits especially for acne prone skin… Image Source:agritech.tnau.ac.in
Reasons to love VLCC Indian Berberry face scrub:
- First and foremost, the product delivers 100% of what it claims….smooth, radiant, glowing, clean moisturized skin without black/white heads…seems to be a magical rejuvenation happening on your face in hardly 15-20 minutes.
- Exfoliates softly with minute granules which are not even visible but can feel while you massage it but the end result is skin free of dullness and white/black heads which is quite surprising.
- Perfect to be used twice weekly and the glow stays on for 2- 3 days. By the time skin looks dull again it will be time for the next scrub episode in that way you can maintain the fresh look throughout.
- Silky soft feeling after you wash it off your face, ultra moisturizing.
- A purely ayurvedic product- soap and alcohol free.
- Packaging Is decent enough-tubular with flip open cap.
- Texture is creamy and granules are small and evenly textured.
- Mild, pleasant, fruity kind of fragrance.
- Easily available in most of the stores.
- VLCC is an ISO – 9001:2000 Company, so there is enough guarantees on quality part. Also, it is WHO-GMP certified.
- Ingredient list is almost complete, and quite elaborate & convincing with composition percentages of each ingredient. I just love this kind of transparency when it comes to displaying ingredient lists which only few brands follow.
- Not at all irritating for the skin-suited for sensitive skin since this does not contain any chemicals/big harsh granules.
- Last but not the least, the question which my colleagues used to ask me the next day of having used this scrub: Hey you did a facial, where did you get it done??I JUST LOVED THE SURPRISED LOOK ON THEIR FACE THE DAY WHEN I DISCLOSED THE SECRET….madams, not facial just a scrub….lol..
The only downside is the price which is quite high compared to similar products in market.
Will I buy it again? Definitely yes, though I really don’t want to ditch St Ives, might keep alternating between both….A big, loud applause to VLCC and hope they come out with similar surprising products in future.