WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
VLCC Skin Defense Range:
I have been buying a lot of VLCC products in the past one year only in the hope that I can do my own facial every week with these products and it will cost me lesser than a VLCC facial in the parlour. Hence I purchased 4 of these from the same range and also more from their skin tightening and lightening range, basically, I am on the lookout for any massage creams that really work and are not oily. I don’t trust many parlours for the authenticity of the products used. By some simple steps I can carry out a facial at home with authentic products when ever I want. In short I don’t visit the parlour to be frank and instead invest in such products. VLCC is one such reputed brand that has managed to gain my trust so far.
VLCC Skin defense wild turmeric face wash:all skin types
- Daily antiseptic cleanser for healthy glowing skin
- Price: Rs 115 for 100 ml (5 on 5)
- What the product says: this natural cleanser with pure honey and turmeric has antiseptic properties that protect your skin from the daily damage. It removes microbes and pollutants from the innermost pores leaving the fresh and tingling.
- Method of use: apply a small amount of the cleanser on moist face and neck. Massage gently with your fingertips and rinse thoroughly. Can be used throughout the year.
- For best results use twice daily follow this cleanser with vlcc honey moisturiser for soft moisturised skin
- Ingredients: arjuna bark, wild turmeric, soap nut, honey (to my liking)
All the above claims are 100% true for me. What I love about this product:
- The smell is like bitter lemon (very refreshing)
- The soft gentle lather. This does not lather much and I do need more product than a 50 paise coin but that’s okay.
- The tingling clean soft feeling it leaves on the skin. does not dry my skin.
- The price is okay for the kind of contents it claims. Lasts me for 20 days.
- The flip cap and slim bottle is great to carry in the purse. I don’t really like the color and the quality of the packaging of vlcc products to be frank.
- I will buy it again
Skin defense punarnava astringent:
- Price rs 115 for 100ml
- Rating 0 on 5
- I can safely say you can pass this product. It is a green liquid which smells of balm and tingles and cools my skin like I have applied zandu balm on my face, so much so that it is difficult to open my eyes. I tried mixing it with rose water but it is extremenly strong. No one wants such antiseptic strength to paralyse our skin with the cooling properties. I don’t wanna go into the details of this product as it not worth it.
Skin defense green massage cream: normal to oily skin
- Balances hydration for smooth supple skin
- Rating 3.5 on 5
- Price: Rs 170 for 50 ml
- What the product claims: herbal extracts like spirulina and chamomile control pimples and blackheads and other blemishes associated with oily skin while keeping skin hydrated and soft
- Method of use: Apply on clean skin and massage gently for ten minutes. Use thrice a week at bedtime ( I am totally confused whether I am supposed to remove it after massage or no)
- Ingredients: liquorice, aloe vera, holy basil, spirulina, wheat germ , almond, aunflower, chamomile.(all to my liking. 🙂
- I usually remove it after a ten minute massage with rose water, it gets absorbed into the skin and leaves a greasy feel. The texture is not so soft so will need to soften it with rose water. I quite like the supple effect it leaves on my skin. It is good for the kind of claims it makes for oily skin. The smell is fresh and totally herbal. I don’t mind making it my nourishing massage cream every week as this is a cream that claims to tackle pimples etc with massage. It’s a good product over all. I have not had any eruptions lately and my skin is behaving well with all round care.
- I will buy it again as we all should have a massage cream suited to our skin coz a ten minute massage really boosts blood circulation and we cant always head to the parlour for that.
Skin defense red earth face mask: all skin types
- Refines pores and skin texture
- Price : Rs 170 for 70 gram
- Rating 4 on 5
- What the product says: A rich red earth and tomato mask that visibly shrinks enlarged pores and refines the texture of the skin. It helps in regenerating cellular tissues and slows down skin aging process to reveal a healthier, younger radiant skin.
- Method of use: Apply on clean face and neck. A thick layer of this mask, avoiding eyes and mouth area. When dry wipe off with sponge and water. Suitable for all skin types.
- For best results use twice a week. Follow it up by applying vlcc honey moisturiser.
- Ingredients: zinc oxide, red earth, gum acacia, sulphur, oils of hazelnut, clove, peppermint, extracts of rose petal, tomato seed, kaolin.
- The texture is like clay. I mix it with rose water and leave it on for 20 minutes. It leaves my skin clear and soft and even. it also soaks up excess oil and smells like multani mitti.
- I will buy this product again.
My skin is sensitive but none of these products caused any unwanted sensations except the astringent. I am also keen on buying the honey moisturiser by vlcc now.
Have you used VLCC products?