This is my first EOTD, so I’m very excited about it! Let me first introduce myself: I’m Emily, I’m 20 years old and I am from the Netherlands. I discovered IMBB because I’m a total makeup addict and before going to India, I wanted to learn more about Indian makeup, and I liked it so much that I kept following it ever since. Enough about me, let’s get on to my tutorial.
The look I created is a very festive look, I wore this for Christmas, but it will be great for any party, as it is nice and glittery, but not over the top.
1. First, you start off with a clean eye. I applied my moisturizer and foundation already here, because I prefer to do that first. You might want to do this afterwards because it can get a little bit messy because of the glitter, and it will be easier to remove if you have no foundation on yet.
2. The first step is to apply a makeup base to let your makeup last longer, because at a party or any festive occasion your makeup should look flawless till the end. Mine has a golden shine to it, to make the golden eyeshadow pop even more.
4. Now it’s time to start with the real thing! I applied a matte warm brown eyeshadow in my crease to define the eyes. Usually I first do my eyelid, but because of the glitter which is going on the eyelid, it is better to do the crease first because otherwise you will ruin the glitter while applying the crease eyeshadow. I applied the eyeshadow with a blending brush, because I don’t want to create a hard line, just merely a shadow to define my eyes.
5. After this, I applied a warm golden colour to my eyelid. I chose this colour because it is a good base to the glitter I am going to use later. I also applied the gold colour in the tear duct area and a bit on the inside of my lower lash line.
7. Now we got the the most important and most fun part of this look! In order to apply the glitter, we need to apply a special glitter glue to the eyelid first. I’ve heard that eyebrow gel will work fine too, but I’ve never tried this myself. So, first I applied the glitter glue on my whole eyelid, on top of the gold eyeshadow. You have to work pretty fast with this, because the glue needs to be sticky in order for the glitter to stay put on the eyelid. So I quickly applied a gold glitter to my eyelid, patting it on rather than sweeping it on. Be careful not to put too much glitter on your brush at once, because that will create a lot of fall out.
8. Now it’s time to put on the eyeliner. I chose for a quite thin and winged out eyeliner, because I feel that suits my eye shape the most. Apply the eyeliner in the way it works best for you, kajal will work fine as well. I also applied a highlight colour under my eyebrows to blend in the crease colour.
9. Now apply mascara. You could also put on fake eyelashes to make the look more dramatic, but I’ve chosen not to do so because then the focus of this look will be the glitter rather than the eyelashes.
10. After this, I finished off my face makeup by applying concealer under my eyes and I powdered my face in order for the makeup to stay longer. Then, I applied a warm coloured blush which goes well with the warm golden colours of the eyeshadow. I also applied a golden highlighter. I then sprayed my face with a setting spray, in order for the makeup to stay on all day and night.
11. For my lips, I chose for a cool-toned pink, in contrast with the warm colours on the rest of my face. I like the effect that it gives, because sometimes having all warm colours or all cool colours can be a bit boring or too much. Mixing those tones up can have a great overall effect.
The makeup I’ve used:
- Foundation: Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia
- Concealer: Touche Eclat number 2 by YSL
- Powder: HD High Definition Powder by Makeup Forever
- Blush: Orgasm by Nars
- Highlighter: Whisper of Gilt by MAC (LE)
- Setting Spray: All Nighter by Urban Decay
- Eyebrows: Anastasia Eyebrow Powder Duo in Golden Blonde
- Primer: Rubenesque Paint Pot by Mac
- Crease: Buck from the Naked Palette by Urban Decay
- Eyelid: Half Baked from the Naked Palette by Urban Decay
- Glitter Glue: Fixing Gel by an unknown brand
- Glitter: Glitters in Light Cupper by an unknown brand
- Eyeliner: Super Liner Perfect Slim by L’Oreal
- Mascara: They’re Real! by Benefit
- Volupte Sheer Candy in Number 9 by YSL
Thank you so much for taking time to see my tutorial, I hope you liked it!
Peacock Colors Eye Makeup-Tutorial
Dark Blue Smokey Eye Makeup
Shimmery Grey Black Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Silver Plum Eye Makeup Tutorial
Lakme Eye Quartet Botanica Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Easy Office Eye MakeUp Tutorial
Silver Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye makeup tutorial using MAC Siahi Fluidline
Golden Black Eye Makeup Tutorial
Easy 3-minute Neutral Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup: Soft Smokey Eyes- Makeup Tutorial
Blue Pink Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup Tutorial : Golden Bronze
Diwali Makeup Tutorial – Glitterly Golden Blue Eyes
Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia Eye Makeup Tutorial
Gold and Lilac Glittery Subtle Eye Makeup Tutorial
Tokidoki Brillante Glitter Eyeliner – Rosetta
Faces Sparkle Dust Gold
Gold Jewellery Haul
Colorbar Glitterati Top Coat Disco Gold