Handbags are the most important accessory that we carry. Like our clothes our handbags too can make or break our image. I have always been a sucker for handbags. Big, small, colourful, I have them all. Shape and colour is what I looked for whenever I wanted to buy a handbag for myself.
One day while shopping in a mall I came across a very stylish handbag. While I was admiring myself in a mirror, with that beauty on my shoulder, I saw a sales assistance looking at me in horror. The look she was giving made me ask for her opinion. It was then I was introduced to the relation between body shapes and handbags.
Never mind the fashion, choose a bag shape that is opposite to your body type. Here are few pointers that I found out.
Bags for Tall and Thin:
• Most of the size looks good on you but, try to opt for big bags.
• Avoid small bags as they will make you look even taller and thinner.
• Choose handbags with round shapes. Hobo or slouch style bags are good options.
• You can carry bright bold colours with ease.
Bags for Small and Plump:
• Avoid big bags as they will make you look fatter.
• Never choose bags which end at your waist if you do not want to look like a balloon. It will highlight your flabby areas and make you look shorter.
• Opt for purses if you have big breasts, hips and thighs.
• If big handbags are your necessity than stick to browns, beiges and blacks. These colours won’t stand out and make the bag look insignificant.
• Choose small bags with great prints, colours and embellishments.
• A low-slung tote with long shoulder handle can add height to short or small person’s appearance.
Bags for Wide Shoulders:
• AVOID WIDE BAGS.
• Opt for bags which have long straps and are narrow in shape.
• Long shape bags will also look good as they will balance the shape of your shoulder.
• Women with wide shoulders and narrow hips should choose a bag that are narrow and hit the hip line.
• Avoid bags with sharp edges.
Bags for Fat women:
• Medium size bags will look best on you.
• Bags with wider straps and medium length will look flattering on them.
Bags for Pear shaped women:
• Rectangular medium-sized structured bags will look great.
• You must choose a bag that has short strap and is close to your bustline. This will divert the attention from your wide hips.
Bags for Busty women:
Longer straps in a bag will divert attention from your bust. Avoid small bags though.
Also keep in mind to
• Match the formality, satin works for formal, but not casual.
• Relate the colours of your bag and your outfit. Choose colours that don’t clash to provide an accent colour.
• Relate the size of the bag with the purpose, day bags are larger than evening bags.
Hope these points will help you next time you go shopping for a handbag.
Different Types Of Handbags – Which one would you pick?
Top Handbags Brands- 1
Bags Trend : HandBags for Summers 2011
Handbag: Top Women Handbags Brands- 2
Women Hand Bags: Does Size Really Matter?
Body Type: Different Body Shapes!
Select Perfect Coat for your Body Type
Handbags and your Body Shape
Jeans: How To Select Jeans For Your Body Type
Jeans: How To Choose Jeans For Your Body Type
Skirts for Your Body Type