Lakme Sun Expert Anti Darkening Sunscreen
I picked this Lakme Sun Expert mini tube few months back while I was shopping for this summer. Though I don’t get tanned very easily I wanted to try a sunscreen to see whether it makes any difference during summer. I particularly wanted a sunscreen for my face and this one was all I could find in that store. I was actually looking for Garnier sunscreen but I could not spot any.
I picked this up for 2 reasons that it is an anti-darkening sunscreen as my mum used to say the sunscreen I used during my school days turns my skin darker from when I never wanted to use a sunscreen. The next reason is it read the cream is very light and also gives a matte effect. So I was happy that I saved my skin turning oily.
It is a revolutionary light sunscreen. Its SPF 30 and UV filters have a unique two-way action. Not only does it protect you from all form of sun damage like tanning, sunspots and premature ageing but also lightening skin by regulating its skin-darkening pigments. With chamomile and marigold extracts, the sunscreen also has Insta – oil absorb complex that controls excess oil from the surface of the skin to give matte oil free look.
Directions to use
Smooth onto face and other exposed parts of the skin at least 20 mins before sun exposure. Give it a minute or two to be absorbed into skin before applying any make-up on it. Reapply every 3-4 hrs if needed.
The thin tube looks super cute that costs Rs.59 for 20 gms. This can be used as a trial pack and it is an advantage that it is available at this size so that we can try it few times before we actually decide to use it regularly. Though the tube is thin it lasts for more than a month. A little amount is sufficient and as it claims it doesn’t leave my skin oily. I just use it once a day in the morning. I didn’t notice any anti darkening effect on my skin at the same time it did not tan my skin as well. So thanks for that. It would have protected my skin from tanning but I am not sure about the sunspots and premature ageing.
My friend who used this [who has an oily skin] said she is very much unhappy with this product as it makes her skin very greasy and oily. So people with oily skin please look at this. Though my face was not oily after few weeks it did break out my skin and I was really very upset about it. So I stopped using it with more than half the tube left out and I am very sure not to use this ever again.
- Slim cute tube that is very attractive and the trial pack that allows one to test it first and then buy it.
- Easy to carry around in our handbags and the lengthy nozzle and tight lid does not allow the cream to squeeze out.
- Cost is not very expensive as this small tube lasts for more than a month. Even if used generously this would last for a month at least.
- Readily available in any store nearby so no need to search for this product.
- Skin Breakout: I have hardly faced this problem and that too not due to a cream. So this left me highly disappointed.
- People with oily skin might feel greasy and oily after applying this so please don’t ever try this.
- Not a good make up base due to its oiliness.
- Did not help anti-darkening or sunspots or premature aging so far, so I am not sure how far this will work for others.
This is one product that left me completely disappointed. I would have not bothered even if it didn’t do what it claims but adding to that it did break out my skin. I stopped using it since last week and my skin is still recovering with few scars here and there. I don’t remember when last my face had any pimple or scar :( until I used this.
Would I buy it again? Noooooo
Rating : :star: :star: