Nivea Sun Moisturizing Immediate Sun Protection
The caring formula based on Nivea’s advanced skin expertise protects reliably and offers deep and long-lasting moisture. The highly-effective UVA/UVB filter system provides immediate and long-lasting sun protection and releases the risk of sun allergies. Protects the skin’s collagen to help prevent wrinkles caused by frequent sun exposure.
I went to the nearby drugstore looking for a new sunscreen I could use on my face daily, and pretty much anything that says ‘moisturizing’ grabs my attention, so I got the Nivea Sun Moisturizing Immediate Sun Protection. I’ve always had dry skin and it feels more dry than usual at the moment, so I thought it’d be great if all the facial products I used were moisturizing, down to the sunscreen.
This has SPF 30, which I think is good enough for daily use in the super sunny, hot weather here in Manila. I was a bit worried though that since this is moisturizing, it might have a sticky feel to it, but there’s a small label at the bottom that says ‘non-sticky’. I also tested it on the back of my hand at the store and it seemed to dry off easily.
Pros of Nivea Sun Moisturizing Immediate Sun Protection:
• This is affordable. I purchased the 75ml bottle for just 257 pesos or approximately Rs. 272/$6.11.
• It does feel moisturizing to my dry skin, as the product claims.
• Has both UVA and UVB protection.
• SPF 30, for me, is adequate enough for daily sun protection. I haven’t gotten darker or any new sun spots since using this.
• Did not irritate or cause pimples to my sensitive, acne-prone skin.
• This has kind of a watery consistency, so it doesn’t feel thick or heavy and it’s easy to spread all over my skin.
• It is indeed non-sticky, though it doesn’t have a matte finish to it either. It leaves my face a bit dewy-looking, but it doesn’t feel sticky or heavy on. It seems to get absorbed by my skin pretty well too.
• The cap is easy to flip open and close, and doesn’t open by itself when tossed with other stuff in my bag.
Cons of Nivea Sun Moisturizing Immediate Sun Protection:
• I don’t care for the fragrance of this product, which has the typical smell of sunscreens, though it does go away after about 15 minutes.
• For those who avoid products with parabens- this contains parabens. Personally, I don’t mind.
• May not be available in all countries.
• When the weather is especially sweltering hot, this makes my face a bit oily after a number of hours, not so oily to stop me from using it completely, but I think on super hot days, I might reach for a mattifying sunscreen instead; will still use this on other days though.
Do I Recommend Nivea Sun Moisturizing Immediate Sun Protection:
Overall, I do recommend this sunscreen for those with dry skin like mine, and I think it’s more ideal to use during cooler weather. During very hot weather, this causes my dry skin to actually get a bit oily, so I wouldn’t suggest this at all for those with oily skin. Other than that, Nivea Sun Moisturizing Immediate Sun Protection performs pretty well and is very affordable.
Best Sunscreen for Fair and Normal-Dry Skin: Ask IMBB
Sunscreen: Sunscreens Facts, SPF and Application
Aroma Magic Cucumber Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30
Ayur Sunscreen Protection+Fairness SPF 30 + EverYuth Face Pack
Fabindia Vitamin E Sunscreen SPF 30
Lakme Fairness Sunscreen Sun Expert Range Photos, Info
Kaya Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin
Sunscreen for Beach : Ask IMBB
Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Sunscreen – Oily Skin
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid
Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin : Ask IMBB
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun SunScreen Gel SPF 20
Amway Attitude Face Wash, Toner and Sunscreen
Lakme Sun Expert Sunscreen Cucumber Lemongrass SPF 24
VLCC Matte Look Sunscreen Lotion
Lakme Sun Expert Anti Darkening Sunscreen
Jovees Sunscreen and Fairness Lotion SPF 25
Banana Boat Sport UVA and UVB Sunscreen Lotion
Sungrace Sunscreen SPF 40
Lakme Sun Expert Cucumber & Lemon Grass Fairness Sunscreen
Favourite Sunscreen for Summers : Ask IMBB
Lakme Sunexpert Fairness Body Sunscreen Lotion
Kaya Skin Clinic Daily Care Sunscreen
Difference Between Sunscreen and Sunblock : Daily Beauty Tips
Suncote Sunscreen Gel
Lakme Sun Expert Sunscreen Cucumber Lemongrass SPF 50
Jovees Sunscreen SPF 30 and SPF 45
No Marks Sunscreen SPF 26
Vichy Capital Soleil Sunscreen SPF 25
Biotique Sun Protection SPF 75
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50 and Garnier Sun Control Moisturizer
Avon Sunblock Lotion SPF 40 PA+++
VLCC Surya Sandal Sun Block Lotion (SPF 30)
Lakme Sun Expert Anti Darkening Sunscreen
Sun Safe -Lotus Herbals SunBlock Reviews – SPF 40, SPF 60
16 thoughts on “Nivea Sun Moisturizing Immediate Sun Protection Review”
I am using the same one, but its a spray bottle..really very effective..!
Saw that one at the store Shipra, great for the beach I think, since you just spray and go. :))
We only have the normal one here Ida…the milk protein one…good review btw :waytogo: :waytogo:
Saw that one at the store as well…sorry to hear this isn’t available there. 😕 Thank you Jomol. :))
not available here.. didnt c anywhere while..this seems nice for daily wear though :yes: :yes: .. one can use it as a body lotion too kya Ida???
Sorry to hear this can’t be purchased there Nids. Yup, for face and body. :))
we want such a lotion here too!
I do hope it gets released there sometime soon Taps. :))
I would probably get this to use on my hands…my face enough “moisturization” as it is :stars:
Hey lucky you Radhika. :toothygrin: My skin’s often thirsty for moisture. :cute: Good idea to use it on hands…
can u use it on ur face ???