PARACHUTE ADVANSED AYURVEDIC HOT OIL REVIEW
I saw an ad claiming winter is the season of extras, extra warmth, extra ghee on paranthas and extra hugs and some extra care for our hair. Even though I usually warm my oil before applying it on my hair, I just couldn’t stop myself from trying this. I just wanted to see how this hot oil thing works and how it is warm by itself. And I thought if it works it saves the whole effort of warming the oil. Anyway, cutting the rant short, I am in a two minds about it.
Directions for use – 1.Pour oil onto your palm, rub your palms together to feel the warmth come through.
2. Gently massage onto hair and scalp. The warmth opens up the pores and the oil soaks in, providing deep nourishment.
3. Wash off to get beautiful, lustrous hair.
Price – Rs. 35/- for a 90ml bottle. Other sizes are also available.
Umm… writing about Parachute Advansed Ayurvedic Hot Oil is going to be tough because I can’t make up my mind on this one. It claims to be hot oil, when there’s nothing ‘HOT’ about it. But then, when all other hair oils solidified in winters this one was perfect, causing me to believe that this has some warm thing added. But what??? I can feel/smell nothing expect for a very fake plastic herbal smell. I rubbed my palms together and whatever warmth was felt that was because of the friction and not because of the oil. But this hasn’t damaged my hair or done any sort of harm. To me, this is a lighter parachute with a new packaging and some fragrance which I really can’t describe. It is a very posh bad hair oil smell, I really can’t describe.
It is almost clear oil, not very sticky and it gets absorbed quickly also. I don’t think there is any harm in this. You might just try to see how it works. Do not expect it do anything for hair. As I said, it is a heavily fragranced, newly packed light coconut oil.
Coming to the pros and cons-
Pros of Parachute Advansed Ayurvedic Hot Oil
1. It didn’t cause any hair fall or any damage to my hair. It basically gets a lot of points here, because if it doesn’t live up to claims, it doesn’t harm either. Some extra hair fall in winters that’s all I don’t need.
2. Doesn’t solidify in winters, unlike other oils, which makes it easy to use from the bottle.
3. Leaves hair soft and shiny.(like any normal hair oil)
Cons of Parachute Advansed Ayurvedic Hot Oil
1. It doesn’t live up to its claims, no warming effect felt. So it’s just trying to fool us into buying it by giving all champi claims .
2. THE SMELL!! I am not very uncomfortable with it but know quite a lot of people who hate the smell, it smells like some cheap oil, like fake herbal smell.
3. The packaging is bad; oil tends to seep out from the neck of the bottle, making a real mess if it ever stays horizontally put on the dresser, but then again, it might be just that one piece I bought.
Try it if you want to but please don’t get fooled by a blissful Anuskha Sharma, massaging away with her ‘Champi Kit’ to beautiful curly hair. It’s not at all what it claims to be.
Would I repurchase?? – You really want to know?
Rating – 2.5/5 (2 marks for not causing any hair fall, am still using it just to finish it up (yeah! I have pledged not to waste stuff, if it’s not harmful) and 0.5 for not freezing.