WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
This post is for all of you who cannot hit the gym because of various reasons. If you are looking for some exercises that you can do at home without any equipment, we have some 10 such exercises ready that can help you stay fit and lose some pounds. If you are doing a combo of these, nothing like it! But if you are just starting out, instead of doing all of them or most of them together, pick of three of them at a time, or better start with two of them. Take all your medical problems into consideration before embarking on this project. Better, consult an expert trainer and chalk out with him/her on what exactly would work for you and would suit you. Some simple exercises like constantly walking while you are talking on the phone or brushing your teeth instead of standing stationary in a place will help in burning some nano-calories 😛
1. Stretching Exercises: There’s a detailed post dedicated on our blog on stretching exercises here. It is one of the most fundamental components of daily exercise routine. You do not need any equipment to do it and you do not need any specific place, you can do it anywhere. Here’s a chart of stretching exercise routine.
2. Climbing Stairs: Instead of pressing the button on the lift, opt to climb the stairs. Just remember not to climb too fast because it might put a lot of pressure on your knees. If you stay in a building, climb the stairs to quickly shed weight. Climb one or two flight of stairs at one go, rest in between and then continue again.
3. Skipping: You would only need a skipping rope to do this exercise. Your whole body can benefit with skipping and it’s one of the best ways to lose weight. Also, you can do this at home, any place, any time, and it does not exert any unnecessary pressure on the knees.
4. Spot Jogging: Jogging is one of the quickest and easiest way to lose weight. Spot jogging does not require any equipment and vast parks. You can start slowly jogging standing at a place for a 3 minute interval, then start spot walking, and then resume jogging.
5. Plank Jacks: The plank jack is a cardio exercise. It is beneficial for both the upper and lower body. To do plank jack, you have to get down on your forearms and toes, then jump with your toes and spread your legs out. Jump slightly again with your toes to bring your legs back together. Repeat this 10 times in a cycle.
6. Burpees: This is also an exercise that you can do at home after warming up. It’s a full body and aerobic exercise. Burpee has five steps starting with the standing position, after that you have to get to the squat position keeping the hands on the grounds. Then you have to push your feet back keeping the hands extended. Return to your squat position and then stand up from the squat position. Repeat this 10 to 15 times in a cycle.
7. Pushups: Pushups are not only for macho men, it is for delicate women too who want to shed some calories. I don’t think I need to explain much, you already know how to do pushups, right?
8. Crunches: Crunches can burn the fat and give you well toned abs as well. Crunches can be done any place, anywhere. To do crunches, lie down on your back with the knees bent and feet on the floor. Keep your fingers behind your head. Raise your head and shoulders and lift yourself, hold the position for a few moments, and come back to your original position. Repeat it 10 to 20 times.
9. Squats: It is widely assumed that squats are done to get a well-toned posterior, but it benefits the entire body. To do squats, stand with your feet apart. Bend at the knees like you are going to sit in a chair. Pull your abs in, keep the lower back in neutral position. Tighten the body when you perform the squat. I don’t know how to explain it well (took some steps off the net), I have attached a pic so that you understand better.
10. Surya namaskars: Surya namaskar or “sun salutation” is a sequence of asanas. It’s a complete exercise with 12 different asanas which benefits the entire body including the abdomen and tummy. Surya namaskar will help you lose weight from the entire body, including the tummy. The entire procedure of surya namaskar is explained in detail here.
Facial Exercises for Double Chin
Facial Exercises for Removing Wrinkles
Easy Weight Loss Home Exercises
5 Legs Exercises for Thighs, Hips and Calves
Exercise to Get Dimple on Cheek
How to Lose Weight in 4 Weeks- Diet Chart for Weight Loss
Grocery List For Those Who Want To Lose Weight
Food for Weight Loss
Weight Loss WIth Fruit Diet