By Chanchala Bose
Here I am with yet another post. Since I have dry skin, I don’t have to worry about keeping oil at bay. But then, you cannot really avoid sweaty and oily face in summers. So, here I have listed down some amazing tips that will keep your skin matte and oil-free.
1. Cleanse your skin the right way – you should start prepping your skin right from the cleansers. Check the ingredients list in your cleanser. Make sure it has at least 2% salicylic acid. This acid is meant to break down the oil from your face without making it too dry.
2. Tone your face – take a little swab of cotton and pour some drops of toner over it. Now, rub this on your face, focussing especially on the t-zone area. This will reduce the shine and oil content on your face in the long run.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
3. Use a mattifying primer – in case of oily skin, a primer is a must before the application of foundation. And try to use a mattifying primer. This will reduce the shine on your face and your makeup will stay on for much longer.
4. Choose the right foundations – try to go for mattifying foundations. You can find a variety of foundations in both the high end as well as drugstore brands. Such foundations control oil production, can endure sweat and look fresh for longer.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
6. Experiment with face masks – there are a number of face masks available in the market which target oily skin issues. So, try to go for face masks which are meant for oily skin. Clay masks are best suited for your skin type.
7. Exfoliate properly – the key to oil free skin is scrubbing right. So, try to go for effective scrubbers. Make sure you use a scrub that’s meant for oily skin.
8. Say yes to blotting tissues – oily skinned people should always have a pack of blotting tissues in their handbag. So, once when you are out, keep blotting your face from time to time. These sheets are cheap and super convenient.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
9. Try a concealer – always try to apply an under eye concealer on your dark circles. This will prevent your under eye area, which is a major point for shine, from turning oily.
10. Matte eye shadow – use a matte eye shadow on your upper eye area. This will delay the shine and oil on your upper eye area. Also, it is better than shimmery shadows, as matte shadows won’t transfer with oil on your face.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
11. Say yes to makeup fixing spray – and lastly, seal your makeup with a makeup fixing spray. This will mattify your face for a very long time.
12. Drink lots of water – increase your intake of water. This will flush away the toxins from your body and will improve your skin in the long run.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
So, these were some of the tips and tricks from my side to prevent oil and shine on your face. Let me know in the comments below if you have tried any of these tips previously. Also, do suggest more hacks to mattify your skin.
Image Source : 1
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne