WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
By Chanchala Bose
Here I am with yet another post. Since I have dry skin, I don’t have to worry about keeping oil at bay. But then, you cannot really avoid sweaty and oily face in summers. So, here I have listed down some amazing tips that will keep your skin matte and oil-free.
1. Cleanse your skin the right way – you should start prepping your skin right from the cleansers. Check the ingredients list in your cleanser. Make sure it has at least 2% salicylic acid. This acid is meant to break down the oil from your face without making it too dry.
2. Tone your face – take a little swab of cotton and pour some drops of toner over it. Now, rub this on your face, focussing especially on the t-zone area. This will reduce the shine and oil content on your face in the long run.
3. Use a mattifying primer – in case of oily skin, a primer is a must before the application of foundation. And try to use a mattifying primer. This will reduce the shine on your face and your makeup will stay on for much longer.
4. Choose the right foundations – try to go for mattifying foundations. You can find a variety of foundations in both the high end as well as drugstore brands. Such foundations control oil production, can endure sweat and look fresh for longer.
6. Experiment with face masks – there are a number of face masks available in the market which target oily skin issues. So, try to go for face masks which are meant for oily skin. Clay masks are best suited for your skin type.
7. Exfoliate properly – the key to oil free skin is scrubbing right. So, try to go for effective scrubbers. Make sure you use a scrub that’s meant for oily skin.
8. Say yes to blotting tissues – oily skinned people should always have a pack of blotting tissues in their handbag. So, once when you are out, keep blotting your face from time to time. These sheets are cheap and super convenient.
9. Try a concealer – always try to apply an under eye concealer on your dark circles. This will prevent your under eye area, which is a major point for shine, from turning oily.
10. Matte eye shadow – use a matte eye shadow on your upper eye area. This will delay the shine and oil on your upper eye area. Also, it is better than shimmery shadows, as matte shadows won’t transfer with oil on your face.
11. Say yes to makeup fixing spray – and lastly, seal your makeup with a makeup fixing spray. This will mattify your face for a very long time.
12. Drink lots of water – increase your intake of water. This will flush away the toxins from your body and will improve your skin in the long run.
So, these were some of the tips and tricks from my side to prevent oil and shine on your face. Let me know in the comments below if you have tried any of these tips previously. Also, do suggest more hacks to mattify your skin.
Image Source : 1