WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Here are just some makeup tips that I have found to be very useful over the years:
1. When applying your foundation, use some on your lips to cancel out your lip color. Any lip color you apply on your lips now will be truer to the actual color in the tube/container and will also last a lot longer. To avoid the dryness caused by the foundation, apply a lip balm first!
2. Continuing with lips, line your whole lips with a lipliner and then blot it. Go over your lips again with the liner and then apply your lipstick. This will ensure your lips have color for a lot longer than just applying a lipstick.
3. To get the sheen of a lipgloss without adding the stickiness, apply some highlighter powder on the middle parts of your upper and lower lips. This will help your lips shine.
4. To exfoliate dry and chapped lips, take a toothbrush dipped in Vaseline and “brush” your lips for 2-3 minutes. Wipe it off and apply Vaseline or a lip balm to soothe the area and make it super luscious. Don’t overdo the exfoliation. Just following this for a couple of nights a week should give you the smoothest softest lips ever!
5. For fuller lips, apply your lipgloss in a downward motion for a 3-d effect. Another trick for a Jolie-esque pout is to dab lipgloss only in the middle of your lower and upper lip!
6. Use your loose eyeshadows or mineral blushes as glosses. Just mix with a clear gloss or Vaseline and you get newer shades of gloss in just a few seconds.
7. For fuller and thicker lashes, try applying Vaseline to your lashes every night.
8. For the illusion of bigger lashes, apply a second coat of mascara only to the outer lashes.
9. Snip your false lashes in half and use only on the outer half of your eye to give your eyes a big effect.
10. To heal a pimple quickly, apply 100% tea tree oil with a cotton swab on the pimple every few hours!
11. Another pimple tip: keep an eye drop handy for spots and pimples. It reduces pain, swelling and redness!
12. For people with long faces, apply blush just to the apples of your cheeks and do not drag it all the way to your temples. This will just elongate your face further. For round or wide faces, apply blush all the way to your temples to slim down your face.
13. For darker skin tones, try using a bronzer on your cheeks rather than a blusher. This gives a more natural look!
14. Apply your moisturizer when your face is slightly moist. This helps in locking the moisturizer better and keeps your face refreshed for a long time.
15. To make your nose appear smaller and sharper, apply a matte bronzing powder on the sides of your nose and then add highlighter or shimmery powder on the bridge of your nose for a sculpted effect.
16. Natural yoghurt is one of the best natural therapies for a blemish free, smooth and clear complexion. Use it on your face for 20 minutes and rinse it off!
17. Dip your nails in vinegar for a few minutes before applying your nail paint. Vinegar helps in ensuring the paints last longer.
18. For stronger, shinier nails, dip them in olive oil for a few minutes twice a week.
19. Clean your makeup brushes and applicators as often as possible to reduce bacteria and oil.
20. Try applying makeup in natural light for a daytime look. It helps in making sure you don’t step out of the house with anything too OTT.
Also read :
12 Quick Fix Makeup Tips
Men’s Makeup Tips
Summer Makeup Tips
Monsoon Makeup Tips
Basic Eye Makeup Tips
Flawless Makeup Tips- 4 Ways, 4 Minutes
Ask IMBB Gang : Beach Makeup Tips
10 Things I Learnt From My 10 month Makeup Stint