Since I was missing IMBB a lot I decided to write a post. We all are crazy for a wonderful, toned waist but nobody wants to put in a lot of effort. So, let me make this easy for you. Here are my 5 tried-and-tested moves that can be done at home to tone waistline and make it slim. Read on to find out more.
You must begin with basic crunches. They warm up your core muscles and tone them well. Yes, crunches can be boring but they are an amazing way to get started. Just perfect your technique and you can add variations for best results. There are various crunches for various problems areas but get started with basic one and then move on. Else, you might never be able to gain enough flexibility and strength.
To do a basic crunch:
1. Lie down flat on a mat with your knees bent and feet on the ground.
2. Lift your hands and place them behind your head, or keep them crossed on your chest.
3. Inhale deeply, and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale.
4. Inhale again as you get back down and exhale as you come up.
5. Repeat 10 times as a beginner. Increase your reps and sets slowly.
Bicycle crunch is a higher level of the bicycle crunch and is very effective. But fret not, you don’t need a bicycle to do this. This crunch focuses on all parts of your tummy, from upper to lower, and can be done on a mat or on the floor. Just keep your back straight and on the ground while doing it if you don’t want backache.
To do a bicycle crunch:
1. Lie down on the mat or floor and keep your hands either by your sides or behind your head.
2. Lift both your legs off the ground and bend them at the knees.
3. Bring one knee close to the chest while straightening the other leg.
4. Keep doing this as if you are paddling a bicycle. Aim for 10 reps on each side as a beginner and increase your reps and sets as your stamina increases.
Planks are my worst enemies but they are highly effective. Thighs, hips, arms, waist – they work on every muscle group. Plus, planks are great if you want to improve your posture. It is very important to stay in form while doing planks, so make sure your body is forming one straight line when you’re in a plank position. To make a plank more effective, add some variations.
Here’s how to do a rolling one:
1. Position yourself on the floor with your knees and elbows resting on the ground.
2. Keep your neck aligned with your spine. Look forward, not up or down.
3. Lift the knees up and support your legs on the toes.
4. Contract your knees,keep breathing normally and keep your core engaged.
5. This is the basic plank pose. Stay in this posture for 30 seconds.
6. Now, roll to and fro and then come back to the plank position. Hold 30 seconds and then again roll. Rolling increases the overall effect and tones those side as well.
Lunges are great, not just for your legs but for your tummy, too. So, along with toning those muscles and making them strong, lunges helps you get rid of belly fat and even love handles. Also, lunges are necessary in your workout if you’re a beginner and trying to lose major pounds.
To do a lunge twist:
1. Stand with your legs hip-width apart but keep your knees slightly bent.
2. Lift both your hands in front of you, aligning them with your shoulders and keeping them parallel to the ground.
3. Take a big step forward with your right leg and sit down as if on a chair. The left leg should be positioned backwards, supported by the toes.
4. The spine should be kept straight.
5. Twist your torso to the right and then to the left.
6. Repeat 10 times. You can later on add dumbbells or even use water bottles. But start slow and then increase weights, reps and sets.
Captain’s chair is a tricky exercise but it shows quick results. Please note it’s a little difficult to do as you need to balance your body. So, always use a sturdy chair and keep someone around to support you. There are many variations of this exercise, but here’s how the most basic one is done:
1. Sit on the chair with your spine straight and shoulders relaxed. Keep your hands in front of you to balance your body.
2. Now, keep both your hands beside you with your palms by the side of your hips, facing downward.
3. As you exhale, bring both your legs upwards such that your knees are close to your chest. Hold for five seconds. Don’t bend forward and arch your back.
4. Bring down your legs slowly and repeat.
These easy exercises, along with proper diet and lots of water, will help you achieve a toned belly soon. They work by making your core muscles strong and tight. Since these exercises can easily be done at home without any equipment, now you don’t have any excuse. So, start working out with these and get ready for that sexy belly.
How to Lose Inches Off Your Waist
5 Best Exercises for Your Body Type
5 Types of Belly Fat and Ways to Melt it
The Benefits of Hula Hooping
An Easy 5-Step Makeup Routine for College-Going Girls
Lakme 9 to 5 Scarlet Drill Lipstick
How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days
Foods that Break Down the Belly Fat
Bridal Beauty Treatments at Home
How To Do Hair Rebonding at Home with Wellastrate Straight System Kit
How to Make a Matte Finish Lipstick at Home
How to Lose Weight in 4 Weeks- Diet Chart for Weight Loss
10 Best Shapewear to Hide Tummy and Love Handles
14 Ways To Hide Love Handles in a Tight Dress