Don’t we all dream about healthy and lustrous hair? Spa treatment can help us achieve those dreamy locks, but it’s not possible to visit spa so often for most of us. So, in today’s post, let me tell you how you can have a hair spa day at home that won’t pinch your pocket and you would get beautiful hair at the end 🙂
1. Massage your scalp:
This is the first step in getting a hair spa done at home. You can choose from a variety of oils that would be beneficial for your scalp. You need to warm whichever oil you are choosing for maximum benefits and massage your scalp using your fingers.
There are many oils you can try. You can choose from the list below to tackle different hair issues:
- Olive Oil: Olive oil has high concentration of antioxidants, good for hair follicles. It is a highly moisturizing hair oil, also rich in vitamin E.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is very light and penetrates into hair follicles and stimulates hair growth and moisturizes dry hair.
- Castor oil: Castor oil aids in blood circulation, moisturizes and softens hair from within. Castor oil has anti-microbial properties, which will help you get rid of dandruff and other scalp issues too.
- Avocado oil: Abundance of vitamin A, E and D found in avocado oil makes it ideal for massaging. It also protects hair against different types of hair damaging products like hair gels and sprays.
- Argan oil: This contains lots of vitamin E, Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids which works wonders on dry and damaged hair and also help to control frizz.
These were just a few options, you can choose any oil, and the key is to give a good massage so that the oil will penetrate into hair shaft properly. You can also add essential oils to your oil mixture to make the massaging process more effective.
2. Steam the hair: The next step would be to steam your hair. Take a towel dipped in warm water and then squeeze out to remove excess water. Wrap it around your head to cover your hair. You need to keep the towel on for 15-20 minutes. If you think the towel has lost its warmth, you can dip it in warm water again and wrap it over. Steaming allows the oil to penetrate in a much better way and also helps to provide nourishment to the hair and scalp from within.
3. Wash hair: Use a mild cleanser or shampoo. Try to use a cleanser without parabens and SLS. Use cold or lukewarm water to shampoo your hair.
4. Apply conditioner: Although after all the oiling and steaming, your hair will be left moisturized and nourished, but for best results, do not forget to use a conditioner.
If you do not want to use chemical-laden conditioners, then you can make your own homemade hair rinsing liquid. Here are a few options:
- Tea rinse: Boil tea leaves in water and add lemon juice to it. Strain the mixture and you can use this concoction as a conditioner after shampoo.
- Apple cider vinegar rinse: Add a 3-4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a mug of water. Use this as an after shampoo rinse.
- Mint conditioner: For a refreshing feel, boil some fresh mint in water and then, strain it. Let it cool and use as an after shampoo rinse.
- Hair mask.
Hair masks will provide required nourishment to the hair and will make it all shiny and healthy looking. You can get a readymade hair mask from the market or whip up one at home. These hair masks take only a few minutes to make and nourish the hair well.
- Dry hair: Mash a ripe banana, and mix with olive oil, egg, honey, milk. Blend and apply on your hair. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash off.
- Damaged Hair: Take a ripe avocado and mash it well. Add 2 tablespoons of curd to it and mix them. Apply this on your hair and let it stay for 20 minutes. Wash it off using cold water.
- Hair fall: Mix one ripe banana, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp milk powder with 1-2 drops of Rosemary essential oil. Apply all over the hair and cover the hair with a shower cap. Keep it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off using lukewarm water.
- Oily hair: Mix fresh aloe vera pulp with a few drops of lemon juice and leave on for 15 minutes. Wash it off using water.
- Dull hair: Take a cup of strawberries and add one egg yolk and 2 tbsp olive oil. Make a fine paste. Apply it to your hair and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse it off.
You would get lustrous and healthy hair in these 5 steps!
Natural Hair Spa Treatment at Home – DIY
L’oreal Hair Spa Smoothing CreamBath
L’Oreal Hair Spa Extra Nutritive Oil
L’Oreal Paris Hair Spa Deep Nourishing Conditioner
Homemade Hair Oils for Beautiful Hair
10 Tricks to Beautiful, Healthy Skin and Hair
7 Uncommon Hair Oils That Can Give You Beautiful Hair
6 Easy To Follow Hair Care Tips for Beautiful Hair
10 Steps To Healthy Hair