Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people. ~ AndrÈ Dubus
No matter whether you are an introvert or an extravert person, the feeling of shyness can be related to all. The biggest misconception that people have is that only introverts experience shyness, but that is not true. Infact it has more to do with being uncomfortable with one’s self, particularly around other people.
Tips to overcome shyness:
Following are the ways that can be used to turn shyness into personal empowerment.
• Find a cause: Find out and understand the situations which trigger the feeling of shyness in you? Also try to find out your concerns at that point?
• Stop being self conscious: Always remember that world is not looking at you all the time. People are too busy these days, so stop being self conscious and enjoy your life.
• Find your strengths: Find something you are good at and focus on doing it. It will boost your natural self esteem and your ego.
• Accept rejection: Learn to not take it the rejection personally. Everyone experience rejections at some point of time in there life. Learn a lesson from it and move on.
• Get out of your comfort zone: Try and do something that you would normally never do. Never run from uncomfortable situations, stay and face them. It will all contribute in your personal growth.
• Be socially active: Interact with people. Don’t stay aloof.
• Overcome your anxiety: Practice yoga, meditation and breathing techniques to overcome your anxiety.
Are you a shy person?
Image source: 1
10 Tips to Improve Concentration/ Memory
How to Deal with Midlife Crisis
Stress Management: How to Deal with Stress
10 Great Habits for Healthy Lifestyle
Most Annoying Habits of Husbands
How to Overcome Jealousy