By Apoorva Singh
Summer comes up with a lot of skin issues such as sunburns, skin irritation, rashes, sweating and so on. So today, I’m here with a one stop solution for all the summer-related skin issues, which is a calamine lotion. It is easily available in every drug store or even in the general stores near your home. The lotion is used for decades to treat various skin-related issues, but many of us are unaware of its benefits and multiple uses. It is a medicated lotion and is also approved by various health organisations around the world. It is safer to use on children as well. So, read on to know more.
Composition: Basically, a calamine lotion is a mixture of zinc oxide and ferric oxide along with kaolin clay and glycerin. The zinc content in it works as an astringent. Glycerin helps in providing moisturization to the skin. Kaolin is a gentle clay that is widely used in cosmetics. Also, you can find some other ingredients in calamine lotions. For example, you can find aloe vera as an ingredient in a lotion meant for dry skin.
How to apply: You can either dab the lotion all over your skin or can apply it directly over any affected area. If you have dry skin, mix the lotion with a moisturiser and then, use it.
How it works: After application, the calamine in it gets evaporated and leaves a cooling effect on your skin.
Benefits of Calamine lotion:
1. Sun Protection: One can use it as a sun-protection lotion. If you are running out of your sunscreen then, a calamine lotion can be applied before stepping out into the sun. It will not only protect your skin from sun rays, but also from the adverse effects of pollution and other environmental factors which can severely harm your skin.
2. Bye Bye Sunburn: Sunburn is very common nowadays as we cannot stay inside our house the whole day. Ultimately in the evening, we experience skin rashes, bumps and sunburns. All these skin problems can be treated by simply applying calamine lotion on the affected areas.
3.Skin Lightening: Kaolin clay helps in improving the overall skin texture and also lightens your skin tone, thereby providing you with an even-toned skin.
4. A Safe Bet: Calamine lotion is also considered to be a safe bet for pregnant women or lactating mothers. Because it does not contain any harmful chemicals that can cause irritation to their sensitive skin.
5. Sweat Proof: During summers, our skin tends to sweat a lot. The topical application of the calamine lotion can control this problem. You will instantly notice a reduction in your sweat.
6. A Cure for Insect Bites: It instantly provides relief from the poisonous ivy caused by insect bites or other toxic plants. Its cooling effect will distract the itchiness and soothes the redness.
7. No more Acne Scars: It is one of the best remedies available to treat acne and acne scars. Its zinc content dries out the acne. The continuous application of calamine lotion can reduce the stretch marks as well.
8. Long-lasting Makeup: Calamine lotion can also be used as a makeup base as this will prevent your makeup from melting, thereby prolonging the wear time of your makeup.
8 Amazing Benefits of Using Vitamin E Oil for Your Skin and Hair
8 Benefits of Using Guava Leaves on Skin and Hair
8 Proven Beauty Benefits of Quinoa
7 Ways To Use Vitamin E Capsules
10 Unique Ways Of Applying Kohl
Lacto Calamine Skin Balance Daily Nourishing Lotion – Oil Control
8 Ways to Use Coffee in Your Beauty Routine
8 Interesting Ways to Use Micellar Water in your Beauty Routine