The Japanese are known to use unusual ingredients in their skincare routine, and sparkling water is one of them. It’s use can be traced to Japan and South Korea, even as the West adopts it. Read on to know why it is considered to be a popular spa product.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
What is Sparkling Water?
Sparkling water or carbonated water is simply water into which carbon dioxide gas has been dissolved under pressure. Since it contains carbon dioxide, it contains microbubbles and has an acidic pH, as opposed to the neutral pH of regular, still water. It can be used for washing or toning.
1. Since the pH is acidic, it will lower the pH of the skin, considerably after one uses a soap based cleanser. Lower pH implies inhospitable environment for bacteria to grow on.
2. The microbubbles have been shown to remove tiny traces of dirt, grime and makeup from the face. This ensures deeper cleansing of the face.
3. It hydrates, firms and plumps the skin as the microbubbles bring out any gunk left in the pores. Thereafter, it creates space and allows the water molecules to sink into the skin.
4. The acidic aspect of sparkling water has another benefit; it can provide light chemical exfoliation. This would help in making the appearance of blackheads and whiteheads less apparent.
5. The minerals from mineral water also help to nourish the skin.
6. It also reduces the size of pores.
7. There has been reports that sparkling water causes capillaries to dilate, which enhances delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the skin.
8. It feels revitalizing and refreshing.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
There are two ways for incorporating sparkling water in the beauty regimen. For both ways, sparkling water must not be used directly. It is recommended to use it in a 1:1 ratio with regular mineral water. The purpose of dilution is to lessen the effects of the bubbles and to provide nutrients to the skin in the form of minerals.
1. Using it as a Toner: This involves using a cotton ball dipped in sparkling water to gently dab on the face. This can be done every day after cleansing and toning.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
2. Using it as a Final Cleanse: This involves dunking the whole face in a bowl filled with sparkling water as well as mineral water for 10-15 seconds. It is done after makeup removal and double cleansing. This technique should be limited to once or twice a week.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Moreover, the order in which this treatment may be used is debatable. Some beauty bloggers recommend using the sparkling water in place of regular water for cleansing, whereas some advocate the use of sparkling water after double cleansing the face. The latter seems more appropriate, as it will help in the removal of remaining residue on the face.
The downside of this technique is that although it will suit all skin types, it may not be appropriate for sensitive skin, owing to the creation of a tingling sensation due to the microbubbles. Care must be taken before trying this technique.The type of sparkling water also plays a major role. Ones with flavouring and colorants must be avoided.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
9 Amazing Beauty Benefits of Orange Blossom Water
7 Amazing Beauty Benefits of Grapefruit
7 Amazing Beauty Benefits of Grapeseed Oil
The Amazing Beauty Benefits of Marula Oil for Skin, Hair and Nails
10 Amazing Health and Beauty Benefits of Almond Milk
9 Amazing Beauty Benefits of Ginger for Skin and Hair
8 Beauty Benefits of Calendula for Skin and Hair
Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Skin
Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Recharging Luminescence Moisturizing Mask
Khadi Diamond Sparkling Mini Facial Kit
Avon Sparkling Cherry Blossom Hand and Body Lotion
Nivea Visage Sparkling Glow Fairness Toner
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne