by Jass K.
How are you all doing…it’s been months I have not written a single review on IMBB!! My college started and being in first year it was bit hard for me to adjust and then my exams started and blablabla….. Though I used to read every review…but now here I am back again with reviews!! Today I’ll be telling you guys about the benefits of vodka for skin and hair.
Basically, we all know Vodka has been enjoyed since at least the early Middle Ages and is well known as one of the world’s most popular spirits. It’s versatility in mixing and high alcohol content have made it extremely popular in cocktails and it is still widely enjoyed ‘neat’ (straight up) in much of Eastern and Northern Europe.
Vodka also has a long history of use as medicine, having been sold by druggists to cure everything from infertility to colic and the plague. It is also used as a sanitiser, insect repellent, for curing toothache etc. On top of this, it has numerous beauty benefits as well. Vodka is used as an antiseptic, astringent, cleanses and brightens the skin and tightens the pores of the skin. But do you know that vodka can also give you soft and shiny hair??
FIRSTLY I’LL TELL YOU THE BENEFITS OF VODKA FOR HAIR!!
1. To get frizz free hair:
- Most of the shampoos contain silicones and parabens. Sometimes our bathing water contains a lot of alkaline substances like calcium carbonate, hydrogen bicarbonate etc. These chemicals are alkaline in nature and make our hair fizzy and rough. Vodka is known to maintain the pH level of the hair. It has a low pH level (acidic in nature) and thus can help to de-frizz your hair. Take about 10ml of vodka, mix it in a 60ml bottle of your favourite conditioner.
- Shake it well until you get a smooth consistency.
- Use it once a week.
- You will find your hair smooth and manageable; as it is an excellent home remedy for frizzy hair!!
2. For shiny hair:
Want an instant home remedy for replenishing the shine of your tresses?? Try the vodka hair pack for a sure way to get shiny hair.
- For this, mix an egg, honey, coconut or olive oil and mayonnaise.
- Prepare the hair pack, which is an excellent deep conditioner.
- Add 10 ml of neat vodka to this solution and mix it well till you get a smooth consistency.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
You will see an instant shine on your hair. The vodka closes the cuticles of your hair by lowering the pH level of your hair.
3. For dandruff free hair:
To get rid of dandruff apply vodka regularly in your hair. Try these simple homemade tips.
- Vodka (half cup).
- Rosemary leaves crushed (2 teaspoons).
- For 2-3 days, let mixture remain still.
- Strain the mixture and store into a bottle.
- Apply mixture into your scalp and massage it, after one hour wash it off.
- With mild shampoo, wash your hair.
Once or twice in a week use this mixture to get rigid of dandruff from hair.
4. For long hair:
Vodka helps in hair growth as it cleanses the scalp and make your hair grow faster. Try these steps mentioned below:
- Vodka (10 ml) mix with Shampoo (60 ml)
Regularly shampoo your hair with this mixture to get clean scalp and smooth hair.
5. Prevent hair loss:
A simple home remedy to stop hair loss. Treatment works well if used regularly.
- Honey ( 2 teaspoons), onion juice (2 teaspoons) and vodka ( 5 teaspoons)
- Apply mixture and leave it overnight in your scalp.
- Cover hair with a shower cap (optional).
- With mild shampoo wash your hair.
- For good results, apply mixture daily.
BENEFIT OF VODKA FOR SKIN!!
Acne is a curse for many and every chick’s dread. Many people undergo this condition suffering for years, as it involves pimples and other ‘eruptions’ on the face. The cause for pimples, and blackheads, is accumulated oil and dirt which blocks the skin pores. In fact, the best way to get rid of acne is to wash your face with vodka. Enter good old vodka.
We all know that the best skin treatment methods are the natural ones. Vodka is safe to use as a natural astringent to cleanse the face, tighten pores and kill bacteria. Dip a cotton ball in the alcohol and apply.
Mix equal amounts of vodka and water, then apply with a cotton ball to your face as an astringent. It will cleanse the skin and tighten pores. Vodka is perfect for tightening pores and firming the skin. All you need is equal amounts of fresh lemon juice, and vodka. Blend all ingredients together and pour into an ice cube tray. When frozen, wrap an ice cube in a thin cotton handkerchief and rub across the entire face and throat for 2-5 minutes. Ice brings down the bloat, while vodka and lemon juice tighten pores and brighten the skin.
HERE ARE SOME OTHER BENEFITS OF VODKA
Bust foot odour
Simply rub each foot with a shot worth of vodka. Goodbye, funky odour!
Ban bad breath
Swish around half a shot’s worth of vodka in your mouth for a minute and your breath will go from poor to pleasant.
Apply a dab of vodka on a cold sore to dry it out.
Pour a bit of vodka on a poison ivy rash to help relieve itching – it removes the urushiol oil that causes this problem.
An uber-smooth shave begins with an uber-clean razor. So, soak your blade in a cup of vodka after shaving. Vodka will prevent it from getting rusty and clear any bacterial buildup.
Beauty Benefits Of Eggs- Tips And Applications
Turmeric Skin Care Benefits: Top Five Indian Beauty Secrets
Mango For Skin: Summer Beauty Benefits
Health and Beauty Benefits of Orange
Health and Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil
Health and Beauty Benefits of Dates
Health & Beauty Benefits of Papaya
Beauty Benefits Of Watermelon: Summer Skin Care Secrets
Banana Beauty Benefits, Applications And Tips
Beauty Benefits and Uses of Nutmeg
Almonds Health and Beauty Benefits