WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Health and Beauty Benefits of Dates
After seeing the query for healthy and problem-free hair in Ask IMBB Gang section, I shared my hubby’s secret to his healthy hair. That is when I thought, it is very essential that we know the health and beauty benefits of dates. I don’t know how many of you read this, but my hubby followed this routine and he does not have any hair problems till date. All he does is oil his hair 30 minutes before bath and then rinses off his hair. Along with this, he consumes 2-3 dates every day. That is all that he does and I can see him having a healthy hair !!! So girls, please do try this regimen and wait for 3 months to see the results. He has passed on this tip to many (though only a few have followed it), they all came back saying it did help them a lot.
We all know that dates are rich in iron but until I started to gather information for this article, I never knew it also has all essential natural fibres. It includes vitamins, minerals, natural oil, calcium, sulphur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium. I was really surprised to know that such a small fruit has so many useful fibres that my doctor always says that the saying “apple a day keeps the doctor away” holds good for dates too.
Dates is a fruit that can be consumed directly without addition of any other ingredient. It is also sweet and thus lazy girls like me can just pop one or two anytime we want. There are even seedless dates available that you don’t have to worry about even taking the seed before consuming. I think this is one of the easiest and quickest fruit that could be taken.
Now let me list down the various health benefits of dates:
- Dates help a lot in preventing constipation.
- People with intestinal disorders have been advised to take dates.
- If you are very skinny and you want to put on weight, then take this healthy sweet fruit with milk.
- People with heart problems have also been advised to take dates on a regular basis.
- It helps to arrest diarrhoea.
- Dates have also been prescribed for sexual weakness.
- People suffering with abdominal cancer have also been advised to consume dates.
- Dates helps in good muscle development.
- Dates is a well-known remedy for alcoholic intoxication.
- Dates help in improving the digestive system.
- Dates also helps in reducing cholesterol.
- Dates is known to slow the process of tooth decay.
The benefits of dates goes on and on. It is a great substitute for sugar. I usually make milk shakes using dates and not sugar and thus I can serve the same to people of all age groups from kids to elderly people. These dates are also available in the form of syrup and the same can be taken directly either like two spoons per day or we can even add that to our milk, juice, desserts and other dishes. It not only adds just taste to the food but also lot of health benefits.
One has to be careful while buying dates. It is very essential to buy the good ones that has a quality label on it. Since the dates outer surface is very sticky, it tends to attract more dust and thus if you even have a slight doubt that it is not clean, it is always better to clean/wash the dates before consuming it.
To have healthy skin and hair is not an easy task in today’s busy life and for people like us, dates is our saviour. Just take a couple of dates everyday and you can see a drastic transformation in your skin and hair. Let me list out the various ways you can take dates.
- Beat dates with milk and you can have it as a milk shake.
- You may add fruits of your choice to the above-mentioned shake and thus the dates just acts as an sweetening agent and it would not dominate the flavour of the milk shake.
- You can make dates paste and use instead of jam.
- Dates syrup is readily available in the market which can be used in place of honey.
- Dates syrup can be topped up on fruit salads and ice creams to add more flavour.
- You can skip sugar if you are adding dates to a particular dish.
- Dates as such is a sweet fruit, which can be consumed directly.
I have started consuming dates in various forms for the past 15 days (I don’t like the syrup though) and I can already see a good difference in my health. I am waiting to see the effects on my hair and skin now 😀
Health & Beauty Benefits of Papaya
Water : Health & Beauty Benefits
Health and Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil
Almonds Health and Beauty Benefits
Health and Beauty Benefits of Orange
Health and Beauty benefits of Coconut Oil
Pumpkin – Health and Beauty Benefits
Health & Beauty Benefits of Rose Oil
Skin Care Benefits of Avocado
Mango For Skin: Summer Beauty Benefits
Apple Cider Vinegar Review, Uses
Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
Banana Beauty Benefits, Applications And Tips
Natural Beauty Benefits of Honey
Beauty Benefits Of Watermelon: Summer Skin Care Secrets
10 Health Tips Using Water
Organic foods and Their Benefits
11 Beauty Applications of Olive Oil
Health Benefits of Tea
Aloe Vera: Beauty Benefits