Skin Type : Normal to Dry
Reviewing two products in this post – Bioderma Photoderm Max Aquafluid SPF 50+ and Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate.
Bioderma Photoderm Max Aquafluid SPF 50+:
Suitable for all skin types, even combination to oily skin, skin that is sensitive or intolerant to all types of sunlight, very fair skin with freckles. Skin exposed to maximum sunlight. Pleasant and easy application thanks to a fluid texture as light as water. Very high daily anti-shine protection, with a dry touch finish, ideal for all skin types, even combination to oily skin
INR 1200 approximately.
My Experience with Bioderma Photoderm Max Aquafluid SPF 50+:
I always like to switch sunscreens and the only reason is that I get bored of using the same stuff. Also, I love to experiment with new stuff. I pretty much have finished using this Bioderma sunscreen. I have a love-hate relationship with this one. Before I write my experience, I would like to mention that I am way past the whole experience of sunscreen leaving a white cast and being too greasy. For me, sunscreen is like that bad medicine you just suck it up. Also, if the white cast bothers you way too much, do your skincare some 10 minutes before and protect your skin.
Quick pointers about this sunscreen:
- Does not have any fragrance to it.
- Leaves a white cast if you use a lot in one go but settles down after some good 10 minutes. I would put it in an “ashy” sunscreen category.
- Gives a high protection of SPF 50+.
- The texture is watery and spreads evenly on the skin.
- Protects from both UVA and UVB rays.
- I have not used it in extreme sun, so I can’t say that it provides protection from tanning, but it does provide protection from sun and that too quite extensively.
- This sunscreen has “cellular bioprotection” that activates the skin’s natural defences, protects cells and combats premature skin ageing.
- It is free of parabens.
- I don’t find it too greasy and after it settles, I can easily go on with my makeup routine. It does look shiny after application. It does not interfere with the makeup I put on top. Since it is such a high SPF Sunscreen, I suggest not to use before your makeup when you have flash pictures taken.
- The only and the biggest drawback is that it sometime stings the eyes ‘very badly’ and if that happens, it’s downhill from there. I have to wash my face, eyes and then restart again. And that’s the only and the biggest reason I won’t repurchase this sunscreen. I liked the texture and the feel of it but can’t deal with the stinging.
Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate:
Shiseido Exclusive Ultimune Complex™, is formulated with Bulgarian Rose Water, Aqua in Pool and Yeast Extract to protect and strengthen skin against day to day damage and signs of ageing. Powerful botanical blend of Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract, Shiso and Thyme maintain a healthy skin surface and protect against impurities.
USD 67/ INR 4800 for 30 ml.
My Experience with Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate:
I am have pretty much finished using the bottle. I have used it almost 2 months, day and night, and honestly, I haven’t seen any difference using this infusing concentrate. It’s an added step in your skincare that you use before serum. So your skincare is now – cleanser-toner- concentrate- serum- moisturiser- sunscreen. It smells really nice and has a lovely rosy fragrance to it; nothing overpowering, but like a lovely fresh smell, and it settles down. I would like to assume that it did some good to my skin, but honestly, I don’t see a difference. I stopped using it for a week to see if I was missing out on something, well don’t think so!
If you wanted an added step in your skincare, a concentrate is a good addition. A concentrate is supposed to boost the effects of the skincare you put on the top. For me it’s a skip! It’s expensive. I did not see much difference. I’d however consider trying out something else in the same category. This product did not break me out. I enjoyed the light milky texture that soaks in easily into the skin without leaving any residue. I loved the gorgeous red ombre packaging. The product itself..not so much.
Bioderma Photoderm Spot Cream SPF 50+
Bioderma Atoderm Crème
Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner
Bioderma Sensibio H2O
La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Ultra Light Fluid
Lakme Sun Expert Ultra Matte Gel Sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++
Shiseido Ultimune Eye Power Infusing Eye Concentrate
Shiseido Eudermine Revitalizing Essence
NARS Skin Optimal Brightening Concentrate
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate
Tom Ford Intensive Infusion Concentrate Extreme
Guerlain L’Or Pure Radiance Face Primer Concentrate with Pure Gold