By Khadeeja A.
With each passing year, our age increases. And by the time we hit 30, there is a lot going on within our bodies, which eventually starts reflecting on our skin and appearance. Of course, completing 30 years doesn’t mean you have aged and become old. But our skin definitely starts ageing. We cannot stop ageing, but if we have enough awareness and take proper care, we can definitely slow down the process. So today, let us find out the must-knows about skin ageing when you hit 30 plus how to deal with these issues. Read on to know more.
Early Signs of Aging
1. As we reach our late twenties, the laugh lines or crow’s feet become more prominent. You will also notice fine to deep wrinkles, depending on your genetics.
2. When we reach the age of 30, the collagen in our body, which is known to give strength to the skin, becomes weak. Elastin, which gives elasticity to the skin, also becomes weak. This causes the skin to become dull and saggy.
3. The body also goes through several hormonal changes, due to which many of us may experience acne, or adult acne as it is called.
4. The eyelashes and eyebrows start growing weaker and the thickness decreases.
5. The skin becomes more vulnerable to sunlight and other harmful rays, resulting in freckles and pigmentation.
6. There is uneven pigmentation as the rate of new cell growth decreases with age.
7. The skin loses its sheen and glow.
8. There is puffiness around the eyes as the skin around the eyes becomes weak and dry.
How to Fight the Signs of Aging
1. The most important thing is to keep your skin moisturised. Use good moisturisers which suit your skin type. And also, massage your skin with natural oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, castor oil etc, whatever works best for your skin.
2. Keep your skin clean from dirt and never neglect cleaning your makeup before going to bed.
3. Protect your skin from sun rays. Apply a good quality sunscreen. If you find cream sunscreens heavy on the skin, try a gel sunscreen with good SPF.
4. Exfoliate your skin well. But remember not to be too harsh on your skin. Use gentle products.
5. Your skin needs proper nourishment and nothing can be better than natural products. So try to find out which natural ingredients suit your skin, and make it a habit of following a particular DIY face pack every weekend.
6. Include a good quality eye cream in your skincare regime and follow it religiously.
7. Whatever you eat reflects in your skin. So maintain a healthy diet and keep your body hydrated and healthy. Add fresh fruits and juices to your diet. Keeping your body hydrated will detoxify it, thus giving a fresh and clear skin.
8. Start working out or try yoga or even dancing; anything that keeps your body active, healthy and stress-free.
9. Add multivitamins and other supplements to your routine.
10. Avoid stress. Stress can result in many health issues and also take away the freshness off your face.
11. With increasing age, the growth of eyebrows and eyelashes slows down. So try to avoid plucking your eyebrows very often. And apply castor oil to the eyebrows and eyelashes to promote hair growth.
Hope this article helps you guys. Have a good day. 🙂
Sisleyouth Hydrating Energizing Early Wrinkles
L’Oreal Skin Perfect Anti-Aging Plus Whitening Facial Foam for 30+
Natio Ageless Firming Night Cream
6 Things You Must Do to Minimize the Signs of Aging
6 Wonder Ingredients to Look for in an Anti-Aging Cream
All about Sunscreen and Aging
Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Anti Aging Night Cream
Anti Aging Skin Home Remedies
How to Prevent Premature Aging