I have recently taken a liking for eyeliners and when I went to the Lakme Counter in Pantaloons last month to buy Fantasy Collection Shimmer Eye Liner in Mystic Mauve and Indigo (those are the only two I haven’t got). Unfortunately, they didn’t have them and the SA went into a great detail in telling me about some supplies problem they were facing, etc.
However, the SA at the Chambor counter decided to give me her shoulder to cry on and said emphatically, “Ma’am, come here and try our new liners, please please.” In my that sorry state, I would have probably bought a Chanel Purple Liner had someone offered me so, I wanted the purple liner so badly, so I quickly transported myself to the Chambor counter and asked her to show me the liners.
Happily, she took out four columns of beautiful liquid eyeliners and laid them before me. Truly, the colours were very pretty and I would have taken all of them (but I only took the purple one :-P)
Oh, another thing, the Chambor website has a huge red ‘Coming Soon badge plastered onto the page which mentions these liners, but like you can see, they have already come, sooner than they were expected, I guess. 😀
What Chambor Has To Say About The Liners:-
High-performance liquid eyeliner: it is characterised by immediate colour release.
• It draws a full, long lasting stroke and guarantees good application control.
• The formulation incorporates fast-drying acrylic polymers that produce a continuous, persistent film.
• The product fixes perfectly to the skin, without smudging.
• These special additives, with water-resistant properties, help the pigment last for hours, even when it comes into contact with water.
• The finish is bright, intense and characterised by high coverage.
There are four colours in the range:
Black: It is a jet black colour, devoid of any shimmer.
Blue: This one is quite similar to the Astral Blue fantasy shimmer liner from Lakme, except that this one is a much darker.
Green: The green is not a regular green; it’s more of a military/army green. Quite different from the greens you get in the market.
Purple: This is not really purple (and no where close to the colour I was looking for) but nevertheless, it is a beautiful shade of deep mauve infused with light shimmer.
Unfortunately, there were no testers available, and I was rather sceptical about buying them. However, the SA convinced me enough to send me home with the Purple one.
The liner comes in a transparent (on two sides) box. The cap is black and the bottle is transparent. The writing on it is in silver. The applicator brush if long and good enough for drawing thick or thin lines, depending on your requirement.
Ingredients: Acrylates copolymer, cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium hectorite, Glyceryl dibehenate, Hydroxy polyisobutene, Hydroxy styrene, Isodecane, Kaolin, Lecithin, Methionine, Polymethsilsesquixane , Silica, Sorbitan sesquioleate, Stearic acid, Synthetic fluorophogopite, Talc, Tocopheryl acetate, Triethoxycaprylysilane.
About the Liner:
When I swatched the liner on my hand, I was both surprised and delighted.
Surprised, because there was absolutely no shimmer in the liner. Where had all the shimmer that you could see from outside gone? The colour that showed on my hand was a quite matte deep lilac; no shine, no shimmer. Another thing that surprised me was the ‘waterproof’ claim that the product does did not fulfil. It is true that if you keep your hand under running water, the colour won’t budge, but try rubbing it a couple of times and you see the thing getting washed away.
Now, coming to the good thing about the liner: it dries super-fast, you apply it and then put the brush back into the tube and bring your fingers to the applied liner and voila! It’s completely dry. There is no smudging and the colour stays for hours without fading.
Swatches: (plenty of them since the liner is so weird)
Under yellow light:
Now coming down to the Pros and Cons:
Pros of Chambor Smooth On Eyeliner:
- The liners dry fast: just apply and wink, and your liner has dried. I think that is a phenomenal thing considering our fast-paced busy lives. 😛
- The colour is rich and dark, smudge-proof and stays for a long time (approx. 8-9 hours). Hardly fades.
- The liner has a slight gel-like consistency and glides on smoothly. Forms no lumps.
- The brush applicator is good; draw thin lines or thick ones, the brush serves all purpose.
- The SA said you can use it on your lower lash-line. 😕 I didn’t take the chance, firstly, because I have never really heard of liquid liners getting much usage on lower lash-lines, and secondly, because I don’t want to become blind just yet (I am still pretty new to liquid liners and don’t want them to swim into my eyes and trouble the poor nerves there).
Cons of Chambor Smooth On Eyeliner:
- It is not really water-proof, vanishes if you rub it under running water.
And finally, I didn’t understand whether to put this under pro or con, but you don’t really get the colour that the tube shows. The Tube shows shimmer, but there are none. However, the colour is pretty good. If you are looking for matte eyeliners in blue, green or purple(!), buy these!!
Rating: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: (4/5).
Will I Re-purchase?
Yes, I definitely will. Like I said, the colours are very different and you are sure to like them.
IMPORTANT: Since the liners are dicey, do swatch them before buying, to make sure you know exactly what you are buying.
Also, Chambor is soon launching Jumbo Kohl…keeps your eyes open for them! And, do try Chambor Flowing Lipstick: they are creamy lip colours in a pen-like form. Awesome colours and long-wearing.
Chambor Dazzle Eye Liner Pencils: Dazzle Purple and Dazzle Teal
Chambor Silk Touch Lipstick No 610 Silk Pop Review, Photos,Swatches
Chambor Eye Contour Pencil Kohl
Inglot, Avon, MAC , Chambor, Bourjois Makeup Swatches, Photos
Chambor Luminous Compact Powder, Loose Powder, Concealer Photos
Chambor Velvette Touch Lip Liner Pencil Photos, Swatches