WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi girls, have any of you heard about this brand called Miss Claire? I hadn’t heard about it on any beauty blog and so when the SA showed this to me, I was very very skeptical. However, it was cheap. Dirt cheap! And that was the time I was beginning to experiment with colour. After a brown and a black liner, I wanted blue. So I said, what the heck, let’s just try with this one first. It is a twist up pencil in a beautiful midnight blue (or is it navy?) with such fine shimmer that you see a shine to it, but cannot make out the shimmer particles. For 140 bucks, I think Miss Claire is worth every paisa!
After I’d used Miss Claire for a while, I was happy with it enough to try another colour / product from the same brand and I ended up getting a lip liner. Now, I normally do not use a lip liner. But I bought this one to arrest the bleeding of my few dark lippies (again, thanks to the beauty bloggers, I now know this). The shade I bought is called Nude Wine, a dark berry colour. It cost me just 75 bucks. This is what it looks like–
Pros of Miss Claire Eye Liner & Lip Pencil
1. Both the pencils are quite pigmented as you can see from the swatches. The swatches as well as the eye pic are a single swipe only.
2. They are very creamy and do not tug at the skin. This is very important because the VoV pencils I have used do tug at the skin
3. The eye pencil is smudge proof and fades very little. I have super duper oily lids and even Colorbar i-glide fades on my lids after a few hours. This one did not!
4. The colours! Have I gushed about them yet? OMG, they are pretty!!!
5. This one is for the eye pencil only which is a twist up. No wastage and no messy sharpening.
6. I have used the lip pencil underneath a gloss. It worked as a nice lip colour
7. The lipliner is of decent length. You get a lot of product!
8. Once I am bored with the lipliner, I can use it as a Sindoor, it is the perfect maroon to use in summer when I do not like to use the liquid sindoor which will flake off with sweat.
Cons of Miss Claire Eye Liner & Lip Pencil
1. There are no testers available and it is a bit of a gamble.
2. The pencils come packaged with a cellophane wrapping. No ingredients or manufacturing date mentioned
3. No Expiry date either. This is a big con specially for the eye pencil
4. The lip liner is a wooden pencil and I hate to lose product while sharpening.
5. Since the eye pencil cannot be sharpened, you do not have a pointed tip after a few uses. I can’t make a fine line with it. But that just maybe my lack of skill
6. I can’t make a sharp defining line with the eye pencil, but can with the lip liner.
7. They may not be easily available everywhere.
Overall, I am happy with both products. I think these are very good for beginners who are experimenting with colours and are not yet sure what will suit them. Even college going girls would like these. There are a host of colours available right from green to blue to purple to gold along with the regular blacks and browns. Even the lip liner had quite a few shades to choose from. They do defy the notion that quality always comes at a very high price. Sometimes, you get good products that don’t burn a hole in your wallet. As someone who gets bored of her makeup and shows some product love and ignores it for a long time, these are just perfect. My heart would ache if I were ignoring a MAC! Wouldn’t yours???
Eye Pencil: 4.5/5
Lip Liner: 3.5/5
Are you game to try these?
Have You Used Miss Claire Eye Liner & Lip Pencil Before? Please Rate in the Box Below: