WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello my lovely ladies!
Still hungover from the IndoAus match? I know, it was like the entire India grieving, but the moment I saw Dhoni tearing up, my sorrows doubled. For people who do not know me, I love Dhoni to the moon and back! He is a national hero. So, come what may I will love him and the Indian cricket team. Well, enough said about CWC. I can go on and on with it. Let me just shift gears here, else I will make this post all about Dhoni and cricket. 😛
We all have grown up hearing and seeing the goodness of honey. It is like a magic elixir for skin and hair. Honey is good for all skin types. Name a skin type (dry skin, oily skin, normal skin, combination skin and sensitive skin) and you’ll realise that Honey is equally good for them all. Honey can be used for cleansing and exfoliating. It can also be used as a face mask. The benefits of honey are innumerable. Today, I am going to talk about honey cleansing. A method in which you use raw honey to wash your face.
Alright, so let’s get started!
Things We Need:
• Honey – raw, unpasteurized or unfiltered.
I emphasise on using raw honey as those available in our local store are processed. Hence, all of the antibacterial properties, enzymes and probiotics of the honey are destroyed.
• Lemon juice
Girls with dry skin can use honey alone. Once in a while you can put in a few drops of lemon to it to add some skin lightening effects. Girls with oily skin can go ahead and use lemon juice. But, remember, only a couple of drops and that too not every day!
How To Wash Face With Honey
1. Get rid of all the dirt and makeup from your face using a good makeup remover.
Remember, honey is not a makeup remover. Do not expect it to do everything (It’s honey not DHONI! :P)
2. Tie your hair back into a bun or a ponytail if you do not want to get honey in your hair and make it all messy.
3. Take 1 tablespoon of raw honey on your palm.
If you have oily skin, add a few drops of lemon juice to it. The quantity of honey doesn’t really matter. You can use as much as you please. Just make sure it is enough to cover your entire face and neck. If the honey you are using is very thick, add some rose water to it to make it spread easily.
4. Now, apply this paste evenly on your face and leave it be for at least 5-10 minutes.
When it comes to keeping honey on your skin, the longer, the better! I usually do the honey cleansing at night. I apply it before brushing and flossing and leave it on.
5. After the stipulated time, wash it off diligently with water.
This should help getting rid of any trace of honey.
6. Pat your face dry with a towel.
7. Finish off by applying a toner to your face.
You can use your regular commercial toner OR you can make your own homemade toner. I use 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar mixed with aloe vera gel or water.
8. Follow up with a good moisturizer.
You can use this method daily. It’s a nice break from your regular face wash that might be full of chemicals and other secret ingredients about which you might be totally clueless! Raw honey is all natural and hence, is great for your skin. It does a wonderful job of cleansing without stripping off that moisture from your face. It is an excellent and affordable alternative to your commercial cleanser.
Benefits Of Honey Cleansing
• Raw honey gently cleanses your face without stripping off the moisture.
• It removes dirt and dead skin cells gently.
• It has antibacterial properties that help in reducing breakouts and fight acne.
• It suits all skin type.
• It moisturizes dry skin and balances oil production in oily skin.
• The gentle and moisturizing properties of honey make it ideal for sensitive skin.
• It evens out skin tone, making skin brighter whiter and smoother
• It helps in reducing blackheads, whiteheads and open pores
• It has calming, anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe skin damaged by sun
• It helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines in maturing skin
• When mixed with water, it releases peroxide properties that help in healing and fading of scars
My Take On Honey Cleansing
Our skin is subjected to too much stress from commercial cleansers and toners. No matter how natural they claim to be, they ought to be some amount of chemical in them. Raw honey has a pH of 4.5 that helps our skin grow and rejuvenate vigorously. Depending on where the raw honey is collected from, it could contain Vitamin B, calcium, iron, silica, copper, iron, sodium, potassium, chlorine, aluminium, magnesium and phosphorous. These rich minerals surely make it a magical skin elixir.
Before trying it out, I was a little sceptical of replacing honey with my regular face cleanser. I had known the benefits of honey and has used it face packs, but in cleansing, I was a little unsure. However, I gave it a try as I knew it won’t do any harm at least, if no benefits. I was a little impatient the 1st day to get it off my face as soon as possible to see the results. I must say, I was pretty impressed by the results. I continued this for a week and the results were evident. My skin was softer, more nourished and glowing.
I do not do it regularly, however. I take breaks in between. For instance, I do it for a week and then forgo it for a week or two. I am really happy how my skin feels after following the honey cleansing method. Knowing the magical properties of honey, I would suggest everyone to give it a try and see the difference.
Until then, Hail Dhoni! 😉
Oil Skin Cleansing Methods
Fab India Lavender Cleansing Milk
Banjara’s Saffron Cleansing Milk
Honey and Olive Oil Homemade Hair Mask
15 Best Homemade Face Packs with Honey
Natural Beauty Benefits of Honey
Dove Elixir Rose & Almond Oil
Aroma Magic Almond Oil
Benefit Magic Ink Liquid Eyeliner