WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Today, I’m here with a DIY face pack recipe. Well, I love to use cucumber for my skin, and the fragrance of mint is irresistible. Both of them act together to even out the skin tone while imparting a subtle glow to the skin. I made facial mist, ice cubes and face pack using the same key ingredients i.e. cucumber and mint leaves. In this post, I will be sharing the method to make a 2-in-1 face pack. I truly love 2-in-1 face packs. This face pack will provide you with a refreshing and glowing skin. Also, it balances the oil secretion that is quite necessary for the summer. So, let’s read it further.
Ingredients and their benefits:
1. Cucumber: Cucumber is a natural cleanser and coolant. It soothes and calms down the inflamed skin thereby, treating the sun burns effectively. It has the capability of revitalizing the skin and keeps it healthy and glowing. Cucumber juice efficiently dissolves the whiteheads and blackheads, while its astringent property tightens the pores and keeps the acne at bay. Using cucumber for the skin helps in reducing the dark spots and blemishes and makes it even-toned. It keeps the skin mattified for a long time. Not to mention, it keeps the pores clean and prevents them from getting clogged.
2. Mint leaves: Mint leaves are known for their anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antioxidant properties. These leaves are rich in vitamin A, C and B complex. Vitamin A helps in reducing oiliness while vitamin B complex brightens the skin and makes it clean. Mint leaves possess astringent property, which can tighten the pores and make the skin even-toned. Not to mention, the content of salicylic acid in the leaves helps in treating the acne, as well. It exfoliates the skin to reveal a glowing complexion.
3. Lemon: Lemon is known for its vitamin C content. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is known for its bleaching nature. It is quite helpful in reducing blemishes, pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, and pigmentation. Thus, lemon evens out your skin tone by treating the skin discolorations.
4. Oats: Oats help in absorbing the excess oil from the skin. It is a natural cleanser and also works as an exfoliator thereby, removing the dead skin cells. It can remove all the dirt and oil from the pores and make the skin appear clearer. The regular usage of oats on the skin reduces the visibility of pores and treats the skin congestion. It also contains polysaccharides, which help in treating the dry and flaky skin. Oats is well-known for skin lightening properties, and thus it evens out the skin tone. Aside from this, oats can eliminate the acne-causing bacteria from the skin and makes it acne free as well. The use of oats for skin helps in improving the collagen production in the body.
How to make:
Step 1: Take few dice of cucumber and 6-7 mint leaves. Blend them together in the food processor to make a puree.
Step 2: Add the required quantity of ground oats to make a smooth paste.
Step 3: Squeeze out a few drops of lemon juice into the mixture. Mix well and your face pack is ready.
How to use:
Step 1: Cleanse the skin and pat dry.
Step 2: Apply the face pack over the face and neck and, let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
Step 3: Later, start massaging in a circular motion for 3-4 minutes and then, rinse off with lukewarm to cool water.
Step 4: Follow up with a moisturizer.
1. A patch test is advised for sure.
2. Keep the cucumber and mint leaves puree refrigerated for a few minutes. The cool temperature will work much better for the skin.
3. This face pack will soothe your skin while exfoliating it, thus it is advised to use it at the end of your tired day. You will feel much relaxed.
4. If you had prepared extra, then store it in the refrigerator for future purposes.
DIY 2-in-1 Refreshing Face Mask for Summer
DIY Homemade 2 in 1 Face Pack for Skin Brightening
Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating 2 in 1 Wash Mask
Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin
DIY Lemon Peel Face Pack for Clear and Glowing Skin
DIY 3-Ingredient Gel Face Pack for Hydrated and Glowing skin