This is a very easy and cheap DIY which is a must have for most of us. With this DIY one can forget purchasing expensive and miniscule lip balm sticks or tiny jars with unwanted ingredients which turn our lips further dry or darker.
• Beeswax – it is available on amazon.com, even in India
• Sweet almond oil
• Jojoba oil
• Vitamin E oil
• Peppermint essential oil
• Empty EOS jar or any other jar of choice
• Double boiler or a thick glass jar in a skillet half full with water (not too much water least the jar would float)
Steps to follow:
Step 1: Find a clean work space and spread a newspaper to prevent any spillage from ruining workspace.
Step 2: add one table spoon of beeswax to the glass jar with the skillet on medium high flame.
Step 3: add two table spoon of jojoba oil and sweet almond oil, each.
Step 4: 2 to 3 capsules of vitamin E oil.
Step 5: wait till it all melts and then stir to mix all the ingredients well.
Step 6: reduce the flame and then add few drops of essential oil – not too much since peppermint has mild burning sensation.
Step 7: pour the mixture in top half of the EOS jar. Check youtube videos how to reuse EOS jar for DIY projects.
Step 8: let the mixture cool down at room temperature and then pop in fridge for a few minutes to make sure that it is set in place.
Step 9: press the top to the bottom of the EOS jar and we are done.
Benefits of Ingredients:
• Beeswax – it is to bind all the ingredients together and give a solid shape. It also has moisturizing properties
• Jojoba oil and sweet almond oil – provide moisture and fight pigmentation
• Peppermint oil – fight pigmentation and provide cooling sensation
Conclusion: I am happy with my DIY project because:
• It’s cheap – I can make several such jars of balm with one time investment
• Has all the benefits of good lip balm
• Has no side effects
• Will suit all skin types
I urge all the readers to try this DIY and enjoy its potency.
4 Green Beauty DIY Recipes
DIY Gentle and Effective Eye Makeup Remover Pads
DIY Orange Body Massage Cream and Body Scrub
DIY Lip and Cheek Stain
Rose Water, Lemon and Honey Pack for Pimples – DIY
DIY Oats and Cocoa Face Mask
DIY : Anti-Pigmentation Lip Pack
DIY Homemade Makeup Remover with Cucumber and Coconut Oil
DIY Peel Off Mask and Cocoa Ice Cubes for Clear and Glowing Skin
DIY Multani Mitti (Fullers Earth) Face Pack