WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I was busy in shifting my stuff to the new house. Finally, I got the time to write this article. Hair oil is a good way to nourish your hair. We become very busy during festive season and do not find time for hair care. So, if you want to nourish your hair and don’t have much time for hair masks then this DIY hair oil is good for you. To know more about it, please read below.
1. Olive oil, coconut oil and sweet almond oil: Keep a ratio of 3:2:1. You can choose the ratio according to your own preference.
2. Dried amla : 2 tbsp
3. Fenugreek seeds : 1 tbsp
4. Mustard seeds : 1 tbsp
5. Dried henna leaves : 2 tbsp
• Pour the oils in a saucepan and set it to minimal heat.
• Add all the other ingredients as mentioned above.
• Warm the oil for one hour till the fenugreek seed turns black.
• Stir the mixture in between and make sure that the oil does not boil.
• Once the seeds turn black remove the saucepan from the heat source.
• Keep it aside for 3 hours so that the goodness of all the ingredients gets infused in the oil.
• Transfer it to an airtight container.
• Olive oil: Rich in vitamins A, E and antioxidants, olive oil helps protect the keratin in hair and seals in moisture.
• Coconut oil: Coconut oil is rich in vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates. It is good for body and hair. It keeps the hair strong, nourished and prevents hair fall.
• Sweet almond oil: It is rich in vitamin E, proteins, potassium and zinc. It prevents hair thinning and hair loss.
• Fenugreek seeds: It contains lecithin which nourishes and strengthens hair follicle and also treats sensitive scalp.
• Mustard seeds: Mustard seeds contain proteins, vitamins A and E, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. All these helps in strengthening the hair and reducing hair fall.
• Henna leaves: Henna has a cooling effect on scalp and is a natural dye. This is great for preventing premature greying of hair.
Apply this oil to your hair and scalp twice a week, one hour before shampooing. You can also leave this overnight if you want and shampoo your hair the next day. Just apply enough to condition your scalp and hair. I have used this oil for about 4 months. This hair oil adds shine to your hair and reduces hair fall. It also prevents premature greying of hair. Some people think that henna makes the hair dry. The problem is in henna powders bought from stores. If you can find henna leaves and use it for your hair it will definitely reduce hair problems.
Happy Navratri to all of you!!
Vatika Naturals Indian Acacia (Shikakai) Enriched Hair Oil
Homemade Natural Hair Oil For Thick Hair
Dabur Vatika Moroccan Argan Enriched Hair Oil
Best Hair Oils for Different Hair Types
DIY Hair Oil for Longer and Stronger Hair
Khadi 18 Herbs Herbal Ayurvedic Hair Oil
Innisfree Camellia Essential Hair Oil Serum
7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth