Dove Pro-Age Deodorant Roll On
I am not a roll-on deodorant kind of person as I generally use spray deodorants, but as my doctor advised me to not use aerosol products, I have started giving roll-on deodorants a try.
A few years back, I had developed a fat lump in my left armpit, which was painless, but was giving me frequent fevers. The surgeon told me that deodorants have aluminum content that can cause these lumps. It was harmless, but could cause cancer if not removed, so I underwent a surgery and the thing was removed. So, first time in my life, I was recommended not to use an aerosol deodorant. Then, just last year, I suffered with acute bronchitis and again was advised not to use an aerosol deodorant as they might aggravate respiratory problems.
So, now I try to use roll-ons; however, I don’t want to use them as these roll-on doesn’t look tempting at all. Having said that, I still got tempted with the packaging of this roll-on and the fact that it was from Dove was the cherry on the cake.
Reviewing: Dove Roll-on Deodrant.
Variant: Dove Pro-Age Deodorant Roll On.
Price: Rs. 130/-.
(Nowhere on the packaging price is mentioned and as I didn’t purchase it from a store, I had to pay whatever the shopkeeper asked for )
Quantity: 50 ml.
Not easily available in India as these are not launched here. I got it from my local cosmetic shop.
Interesting Product Info:
This range was launched in UK around 2007 (not very sure). Dove had a separate website for it www.doveproage.com, which isn’t available right now. Brand has targeted ageing women for this range and an ad campaign was carried out featuring ageing women in their panties, which was banned on nudity charges.
• ¼ moisturizing cream.
• 24 hour protection.
• 0% Alcohol.
Deep-maroon cherry conical packaging that has a twist-open cap at the bottom. The shape is cute and the color is classy. Overall, noticeably different from other available roll-on deodorants in glass packaging; however, the shape is almost same as of Sure roll-ons.
My Experience with the Product:
• Nice color of packaging.
• With it’s claim like anti- perspirant, anti-transpirant, moisturizing cream, it appeared to be a nice deal.
• I wasn’t sure whether I will again get to see this at the shop, so I picked it up.
• It smelled comforting and light.
• Click cap (depicted on the product) for closing the product ensures spill-free handling while in the handbag.
• It’s not transparent liquid, but is cream based. As the tube is not transparent, it doesn’t show in first place.
• After application, it takes less than a minute to be absorbed by skin and the white layer dissolves completely.
• Slight fruity fragrance, that’s how I can describe it best. Do not take it as any thing over the top, it’s s very mild and soothing.
• I really felt fresh. With spray deodorants, I never felt the fragrance myself, but with this, I felt it’s presence.
• No white marks on clothes.
• It doesn’t last all day.
• After a fortnight, the in-growth of hair in my armpit was smoothened (less bumpy skin).
• As I don’t sweat much, after using this, my underarms were absolutely dry.
Pros of Dove Pro Age Deodorant Roll On:
• Anti-perspirant (yes it is).
• Anti-transpirant (yes it is).
• ¼ moisturizing cream (does soften the underarms skin, but not a major difference).
• 24-hour protection (sweat wise – yes; lasting fragrance wise – no).
• 0% alcohol (ingredients include – Benzyl Alcohol).
• No white mark on clothes.
• Quick absorbing.
• Easy to carry.
Cons of Dove Pro Age Deodorant Roll On
• Fragrance doesn’t last all day.
• Not easily available.
• Generally people don’t like roll-on deodorants.
• Not for those who want very strong fragrance.
• Prices are not mentioned on the product.
Give a try if you want to use a roll-on deodorant, like mild fragrance or sweat too much (perhaps it might help because my underarms were dry.)
Will I buy It Again? Yes, like to use this on alternate days with Sure roll on.
Adidas Pure Lightness Deodorant
Yardley London English Rose Refreshing Deodorant Body Spray
The Body Shop Deodry Deodorant Stick (Fresh & Floral)
Eva Skin Friendly Deodorant in Bergamot Woody
Garnier Men Deodorant Mineral
Oriflame Enigma Anti Perspirant 24H Deodorant
Secret Temptation Deodorant
Sure Anti-Perspirant Launches in India
The Body Shop Launches Deo Dry
Dove Go Fresh Deodorent
12 Ways to Get Rid of Body Odour
5 Steps of Preventing Body Odor in Men
How to Reduce Underarm Wetness
Grooming Tips for Men
Dove Body Silk Cream
Dove Hair Fall Therapy Treatment Mask
Dove Damage Therapy Hair Fall Rescue Shampoo