WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Regular skin exfoliation brings multitude of benefits with it. If I do not scrub my face every 3-4 days I start noticing miniature bumps and dullness in my skin. I usually alternate between my PMD and scrub for exfoliation. Till now I had been using Aveeno’s scrub and it was time to replace it. As I had a very good experience earlier with Earth Science brand while using their hand cream, I decided to pick up the scrub from the same.
The scrub comes in white and orange plastic tube with a flip top cap. The scrub is pale brown in color with visible tiny walnut shell specks. The scrub has creamy texture though it contains the scrub particles. It has faint apricot fragrance. It is very travel-friendly tube and the flip top cap keeps the content very secure.
$7.99 for 4 oz. (118 ml) tube.
My experience with Earth Science’s Apricot Gentle Facial Scrub:
I usually take a very small blob of the scrub to apply on my face. The scrub foams very mildly. Fine walnut shell powder and oat kernel flour provide gentle exfoliation of the skin. I did not find the scrub to be highly abrasive on my skin. It is also very easy to rinse the scrub without leaving any residue.
Once I towel dry my skin, it feels very fresh and revived. I do not have to use any face wash before or after the scrub as it provides a very good cleansing. I found the scrub to be effective to remove the upper dead layers of the skin.
I also observed that my skin does not feel very dry even after using the scrub. The scrub has various moisturizing oils, which provide protection from the abrasive agents. As I dry skin type, I do have to apply a moisturizer after cleaning my face. But I never felt that my skin was extremely dry and dull.
I use the scrub mostly during my evening time routine. The scrub works very well on bare skin and to some extent in removing any residual makeup after cleanser. The product claims that it can be used daily but I prefer to use this scrub after every 3-4 days.
The fragrance of the scrub is very mild and fades away once I rinse it off. The product claims that it can be used for all skin types, as it is paraben free. The major drawback that I saw with this scrub was that it was not very effective in removing blackheads. But when I use the scrub in conjunction with my PMD, it works effectively to keep my skin smooth.
Pros of Earth Science’s Apricot Gentle Facial Scrub:
• Good and gentle exfoliator, which cleans as well as exfoliates the skin.
• Fine walnut shell powder and oat kernel flour provide gentle exfoliation of the skin.
• Scrub is effective to remove dirt and upper dead layers of the skin.
• Skin feels very fresh and revived.
• The scrub has various moisturizing oils, which provide protection from the abrasive agents.
• Requires very small amount to be used.
• Easy to rinse the scrub without leaving any residue.
• Fragrance of the scrub is very mild and fades away after rinsing.
• Could be used everyday depending on skin type.
• Paraben free and travel friendly packaging of the product.
Cons of Earth Science’s Apricot Gentle Facial Scrub:
• Scrub contains additional fragrance constituent, which might be irritant for very sensitive skin.
• Scrub is effective in removing any residual makeup only after cleanser.
• Mildly acidic as it is pH 5.
• Not very effective to remove blackheads.
IMBB Rating :
4 out of 5.
Would I buy Earth Science’s Apricot Gentle Facial Scrub again?
I found this scrub almost similar priced and as effective as the Aveeno scrub which I had been using earlier. So yes I will buy it again.
Earth Science Purfection Hand Cream Review
Garnier Pure Active Range Review
Garnier Light Fairness Face Wash Review
Garnier Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub Review
3 Blackhead Clearing Scrub Reviews
Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Apricot Scrub Review
St. Ives Exfoliating Body Wash – Apricot
Ayur Exfoliating Scrub with Walnut and Apricot