The lumpy fat (also called as cottage cheese fat) that appears on the thighs, upper arms and buttocks of a person is known as cellulite. Today one can easily find various kinds of products like creams and gels etc. to get rid of cellulite. People run to snap the deals on such over the counter products. But, what they don’t realize is that cellulite is actually the excess fat in our body, which can be removed through proper exercises.
Exercises tone the body and remove all the toxins via sweat. They are essential to remove the fat from the body. Apart from doing appropriate workout proper diet should also be taken to get the desired results. High fiber food should be consumed in place of fried foods.
Some exercises to tackle cellulite:
• Cardiovascular exercises: These exercises increase the blood circulation and promote sweating, which in turn reduces the cellulite. They burn calories and contribute to weight loss. Cardiovascular exercises include walking, running, swimming, kick boxing etc.
• Anaerobic exercises: These exercises enable a person to concentrate only on the body parts which have cellulite. Some anaerobic exercises are:
1. Squats: Stand with your feet slightly apart. Now bend in a sitting position until your thighs are parallel to the floor. If you want you can keep your arms parallel to the floor too. Stay in this position for 30 seconds before returning to your starting point.
2. Bench Squatting: Grab a chair and pretend you are going to sit on it. Bend as low as you can, without actually sitting on it and then get up. Do not rush, be patient while doing this exercise. This is a great workout for thighs and buttocks muscles.
3. Ball Squatting: Stand with your back to the wall. Take the exercise ball and place it behind your back. Now, do your squats. It is the easiest and the most comfortable method to do squats.
• Leg lifts: Lie straight on one side. Give support to your neck with your hand and let the other hand lie flat on your stomach. Now lift the upper leg as high as you can. In a slow reversal bring it back down. Repeat in sets of 12.
• Seated Leg Raise: These workouts are targeted for the thigh front. Sit on a comfortable chair and raise your leg. Try to keep it straight and parallel to the ground. Hold this position for 30 seconds. Repeat on each side.
• Lunges: Stand with your feet slightly apart and flex your abdominal muscles. Step forward with your right leg, while your torso stays straight. Bend your knee until it forms a 90-degree angle. Push into your heel and return to your starting position. This exercise is very effective for the thigh and butt muscles. It elevates the heart rate and help to burn fat faster. Jump lunges can also be performed to strengthen the lower body.
Body Stretching Exercises
Cardio Training Exercises
Post Pregnancy Abdominal Exercises
Yoga Exercises During Pregnancy
5 Legs Exercises for Thighs, Hips and Calves
Facial Exercises for Removing Wrinkles
Easy Weight Loss Home Exercises
5 Best Abs Exercises for Home
How to Treat Cellulite at Home
Cellulite and Women
VLCC Shape Up Anti Cellulite Gel Review