My MIL and I love FABINDIA. We go there almost every week mainly for kurtas,dupattas,sarees and accessories . Anyway, even though i visited the outlet hundreds of times I never even ventured near their skin care because for me FabIndia =Clothes. 😀
I was never that much into skin care or makeup but while my stay in a hostel during my engineering days, every Sunday all the girls used to have these skin care sessions over lots of gossip. That got me hooked onto the face packs. Since we all were short of money those days, all we used to apply was either besan/multani mitti or everyuth face packs.
I have been using everyuth and himalaya face packs but after getting tempted with all the reviews I wanted to try something new.
After reading the post on Coral Glow facepack.I so much wanted to buy it but the SAs said it has been discontinued( I got it later by the way). So I went thru the other facepacks and it was a close tie between papaya and VitE facepack. The papaya one comes in a tube form and this comes in a glass tub.
I find tube forms easy peezy and non messy so I almost went for papaya but i have never tried a gel facepack and plus it mentions liquorice which i have read is very good for skin lightening. So I wanted to give it a try and in the end I went ahead with it.
Coming to my skin condition, I have combination skin. I have oily T zone and my skin is very dry in winters. I used to have acne problems, which has left some slight marks on my skin. Even now I have the occasional pimples when I am about to have my periods.
Price Rs.175 for 100ml.
Claims: Made with Vitamin E and liquorice extract. This gel face pack helps regeneration of new cells improving skin elasticity.It also rejuvenates the skin giving it a clear look.
Directions for Use:Avoiding eye area apply the pack and leave on for 10 minutes.
Key Ingredients: Purified water,liquorice extract,vitamin E,Allantoin and Glycerin.
The Benefits of Vitamin E:
Vitamin e added to lotions, creams, and other skin care products, as well as taken orally, plays a role in the anti-aging of skin
- It is used in Sun Protection and Sun Burn Treatment
- Vitamin e can help prevent the appearance of age spots.
- It helps maintain the skin’s oil balance during the cleansing process
- It reduces trans-epidermal water loss from skin and strengthens the skin’s barrier function
Liquorice: liquorice root is a well known demulcent when applied to the skin. What a demulcent does is soothe and coat the skin. In other words, liquorice root is known as an anti-inflammatory soothing and calming down irritated skin that can be caused from outside elements or conditions like rosacea or eczema.
Allantoin: Allantoin is one ingredient that many people have not heard about( including me). It helps reduce inflammation and soothes your skin naturally.
Glycerin: It improves and protects dry skin by filling up the intercellular matrix and also helps in building an even skin structure. It attracts just the right amount of moisture required to hydrate dry skin
This is how the gel looks like….
The moment I opened it, it reminded me of the scene in Jurassic park where the kids are eating jelly and it starts shaking when the Dino comes. hehe it looks exactly like that jelly.
The pack comes in a tub form so I used a spoon to scoop out. It is mentioned that you have to keep it for 10 mins.The 1st time I applied it in my excitement I took out more quantity than it was necessary and it had not dried for almost half an hour also so I just washed my face after half hour.
It smells like some agarbatti. The face pack doesn’t dry after 10-15 minutes.I keep it for atleast 30 mins and then wash off with cold water.
The Pros and Cons are as follows:
Pros of Fabindia Vitamin E Liquorice Gel face pack
- It contains Vitamin E,glycerin and liquorice which are excellent for acne problems.
- It doesnt give that stretchy feeling after applying the mask.so no need to moisturise face after using it.
- I can clearly see a glow on my face after using it and my face looks brighter.
- Gives a nice cooling effect when applied.
Cons of Fabindia Vitamin E Liquorice Gel face pack
- It mentions accelerate regeneration of new cells. I don’t know about how it works that way.I couldn’t find any major or remarkable difference in my skin condition apart from the subtle glow.
- Is not like “normal” face pack which dries and then is supposed to be washed.
- Has not worked remarkably on my acne scars.
- Tub form, which is a bit messy to use.
My rating: :-* :-* :-*
Will I Repurchase: No.Although it does brighten the face and gives a glow.I have now tried better face packs which work on my blemishes so I would give this a pass.