If those little, raised, white spots, that you commonly call ‘whiteheads’ are bothering you and you are looking out for some viable options to help you get rid of them, continue reading this article. Actually, whiteheads are caused when sebum is not properly done away with and the oil hardens in the pores of your skin. Whiteheads are most commonly found on cheeks, nose and foreheads, though, they can occur almost in any part of the body. There are various ways by which you can get rid of whiteheads. You just need to opt for the one that suits you best!
Common Methods To Get Rid Of Whiteheads
• Exfoliation- This helps to get rid of mild whiteheads effectively. Using a gentle scrub to exfoliate the affected area twice a week would help. While you can do it at home, you can also visit the salon to get it done by expert hands.
• See The Dermatologist- The dermatologist would be able to help you by giving you some topical medicines (like creams containing benzoyl peroxide) and pills (like Acnezine) to maintain hormonal balance.
• Inject cortisone- In case of extreme whiteheads, the dermatologist can inject cortisone injection directly on the whiteheads to get rid of them.
• Chemical Peels- Using glycolic-acid, salicylic acid or hydroxyl acid based creams for a cyclic chain of chemical peels is beneficial for skin as it does away with whiteheads.
• Micro Dermabrasion- In this process, the upper layer of the skin is removed; the whiteheads along with scars, stretch marks and other disorders are also cleared. A mechanical peeling is done in a gentle way and is a holistic approach towards skin care in modern times.
• Whitehead Extractors- The use of various whitehead extracting tools like the Comedone Extractor is common. First, the skin has to be cleansed and then the pores have to be opened with the helps of the sharp tools (generally by taking help of the bigger end) and then, the hardened sebum is cleaned (generally by taking help of the smaller end). The skin should be cleaned thoroughly after the removal to prevent infections.
• Professional Extraction Methods- This is quite a faster solution than the others. Lancets are used by professional for removing cysts that are there under the skin.
It is recommended that if you go for the above mentioned whitehead removal options, you must do so under an experienced professional’s guidance.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Whiteheads
• Hot compress and wet compress a whitehead. This will open the skin pore. Use a sterile needle carefully to pop the whitehead and squeeze it gently. Wash your face thoroughly to prevent infection.
• Take hot water steam on your face and take the help of a comedone remover to remove the whiteheads gently.
• Add water to oatmeal and make a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your skin and wait for twenty minutes. Rinse. Oatmeal helps to get rid of whiteheads.
• Make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply on the whiteheads and let it dry. Done regularly, it would help to do away with whiteheads by absorbing excess sebum.
• Mix green gram flour with jojoba oil. Rub the mixture on your face. This would help to eliminate whiteheads over time.
• Crush fenugreek leaves and mix it with water to form a paste. Apply it on your whiteheads regularly to prevent outbreaks.
• Rub grated potato on your face to prevent whiteheads.
Helpful Tips While Treating Whiteheads
1. Drink at least two liters of water everyday. Drinking lots of water would help to flush out the toxins and fight out the whiteheads by dealing with the cause.
2. Take plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and fruit juice.
3. Keep your face clean. Use a medicated soap or natural cleansers throughout the day to control oil secretion. Apply a face mask of sandalwood powder and rose water once in a while.
How To get Rid of Dark Lips
How to get Rid of Ocassional Pimples
How To Get Rid of Facial Hair
How to Get Rid of Abdominal Fat
How To Get Rid of Blemishes
How to Get Rid of Stains from Silk Clothes
How to get rid of rashes due to waxing
How To Prevent Blackheads and Whiteheads
Remove Blackheads: How to Remove a Blackhead on Skin
Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Daily Scrub Info