WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hibiscus for Hair Care
Tender leaf of hibiscus is a powerful medicine for hair problems. In fact, the best hair treatment. Also it is a plant grown in everyone’s garden.
In the Indian traditional system of medicine, Ayurveda, hibiscus is considered to have medicinal properties. The roots are used to make various concoctions believed to cure ailments such as cough, hair loss or hair greying. As a hair treatment, the flowers are boiled in oil along with other spices to make a medicated hair oil. The leaves and flowers are ground into a fine paste with a little water, and the resulting lathery paste is used as a shampoo plus conditioner. (wikipedia)
Natural Hair Packs
• Take a few hibiscus leaves and make a fine paste using a mixer. You need not add water while crushing as the leaves itself has water content. Add half bowl of curd to this paste. Apply this paste to roots and leave for 1 hour. Wash with warm water. Hair becomes super soft. Oil your hair at next bath and wash using a mild shampoo. This leaves hair black and shining. Repeating this procedure once in a week makes roots strong and avoids split ends.
• Soak fenugreek seeds overnight. In the morning, grind these soaked seeds and hibiscus leaves along with buttermilk. Apply this paste to scalp and leave for an hour. It results in dandruff-free scalp.
• Make a fine paste of hibiscus leaves and amla powder using water. Applying this paste to hair and roots controls hairfall permanently and also helps in hairgrowth.
• Mix hibiscus leaves and mehandi leaves along with half lemon juice. This acts as a natural conditioner and anti-dandruff agent.
• Dry hibiscus leaves under the sun for a week. Grind these dry leaves and make a fine powder. It can be stored for about a month, but see through that you do not add water. Take a spoon of this powder and boil it with water. Apply this solution once in two days using cotton to roots. This acts as a best hair tonic.
Natural Homemade Shampoo
• Take a few hibiscus leaves and crush it to make a fine paste using water. Filter this paste only if required. However, the pieces of leaves will come out while washing.
• Add a few drops of hair oil to this paste. Now, wash your hair using this paste. It foams well and cleans your hair making it super soft. You need not add oil before washing because the paste contains oil.
• Washing with this natural shampoo avoids split ends and supports hairgrowth. The paste is too sticky and sticks to hair. So, it requires lot of water to rinse and clean.
This is one of the wonderful homemade ayurvedic treatments for healthy and shiny hair.
H & G Hibiscus Under Eye Cream
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women
Hair Care Tips for Strong Healthy Hair
Skin and Hair Care Tips for Monsoons
Baldness in Women: Causes, Prevention and Treatment