WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Skin Care for Legs
We always keep discussing lip care, eye care, kohls and blushes but I noticed that we somehow totally forget discussing about our legs or any topic related to our legs and its skin care. Which woman or more appropriately which man hates smooth legs? :p So I decided to dedicate a whole post to all our legs :-P. I mean here’s a post which will help you in looking after your leg skin and keeping it healthy.
Firstly, let me mention again, WAXING the legs regularly doesn’t mean you are looking after them. There’s a lot more than waxing which is essential for great looking healthy legs.
• We often shave our legs at home, don’t we? But then its such a hurried process that we often end up with small cuts and nicks on the legs which leave marks on the legs which is a complete turn off. Hurried shaving may also tear of chunks of skin often. So “NO” hurried shaving please.
• To avoid cuts and nicks ensure your skin is lubricated and wet before shaving. And if incidentally you get yourself a cut or nick rinse of the blood immediately and apply a tissue immediately this shall help in getting rid of a dark mark, you can bandage it later.
• Use a good razor for shaving off your leg hair, do not opt for the cheap disposable ones.
• Always shave your leg from bottom to top, not from top to bottom.
Avoid shaving creams or hair removal creams. Especially the creams which read” shaving creams for women”. There
are no such creams. These creams have complex and harmful chemicals which cause skin darkening and may even cause rashes. These creams may contain alcohol which causes skin dryness and irritation.
Exfoliate regularly. A loofah is great for skin exfoliation; use it twice to thrice weekly. It helps you get rid of the dead skin cells and also smoothens skin blemishes reasoned due to dryness or ingrown hair. Exfoliation helps you get rid of cellulite too.
Did you know shaving is a better exfoliation method? No, don’t be amazed. Exfoliant Shaving is an exfoliation process with double the effects of simple exfoliation.
Dry brushing is also great for exfoliating the leg skin. Dry brushing exfoliates and moisturizes the skin while proffering a good blood circulation. You can use a normal regular fiber brush for this.
Scrubbing the legs is also a great way of keeping your leg skin healthy. A scrubbing soap or lotion rich with vitamins accompanied with a loofah can be great exfoliating therapy. Scrubbing nourishes your skin and also helps in replacing the dead old cells with new cells.
Moisturize regularly. Moisturizing gives a subtle and delicate shine to your legs and further accentuates your smooth legs. Not just this, moisturizers make your skin softer and glowing. Choose your moisturizer carefully. Opt for a balancing pH moisturizer.
Exercise your legs. With the sedentary lives we all living it becomes very difficult to chop off some time for a regular work out. So walk, jog, cycle or swim but ensure that you work out your legs. This will not only enhance and accentuate the outer beauty of your legs but all strengthen your legs internally and make them healthy. A 20 minutes workout for the legs is a must for health legs.
Here are some instant ways of working out your legs:
• Opt for the staircase then the lift.
• Park your car a bit far from your destination, walk a bit.
• Have a minimal workout but do it religiously everyday.
• Take your dog for a walk daily.
Now that winters are here, a short regimen for leg skin care for the winters
• Cover your legs in the winters; preferably wear a legging under your jeans and trousers. This won’t cause skin dryness and itchy skin.
• Moisturize twice a day. Having the skin dry for a prolonged period can cause irritation and blemishes.
• After shower, leave your legs a bit damp and apply Johnson’s Baby Oil, (I do this everyday) this will your leg skin supple. You can also use almond oil and it also prevents varicose veins.
• Avoid petroleum products and opt for products with natural ingredients.
• Wash off all the soap suds on the skin. Remnant soap may cause skin dryness.
Here are some great handy homely tips for getting great healthy leg skin:
• At least once a week make a paste of baking soda in Luke warm or warm water and apply on your legs. This will give silky feel to your legs and help in getting rid of the ingrown hair.
• While sleeping, make sure you elevate your legs with the help of a pillow for better blood circulation and avoiding discoloration of the leg skin.
• Soak a piece of “mul mul” or cheesecloth in apple cider vinegar and wrap around your varicose veins for getting rid of them.
• If you have swollen calves and ankles frequently eat a cucumber everyday.
• Use aloe vera, shea butter, jojoba oil, almond oil and coconut oil frequently. These oils keep the skin from ageing and also help in tightening the skin.