WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lip Ice Color Lip Balm
Lipice color Lip Balm not only adds on a perfect tinge of color on your lips, it also keeps them moisturized and protected. The tinted natural sheer colors enhance the natural beauty of your lips.
- Formulated with a super moisture retention formula with water microsphere and AcHA (Sodium Acetyl Hyaluronate) to keep lips soft and supple.
- Enriched with Vitamin E, Lanolin Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, and Mango Seed Butter to keep your lips well moisturized.
- SPF15 for UV protection.
- Available in six tantalizing shades: Fresh Plum, Hazel Blush, Sweet Rose, Pretty Pink, Candy Apple, and Peach Cream.
I have this in the Sweet Rose shade. I can never have enough lip balms, so when I saw the rack of Lipice lippies while I was browsing at the drugstore, I just had to take a look. They seemed to have some new stuff, and I think this is one of them. It seems to be an all-in-one lip balm, right? It’s supposed to be moisturizing, gives a touch of color, and it has SPF15, which was just what I needed, since I didn’t have any lip products with SPF yet.
Swatches: lightly swatched and smudged on the left, a full layer on the right
The color of Sweet Rose is a sheer medium pink with silver shimmers. The picture above was taken under natural light, with no flash, and on the right is a full swipe of Sweet Rose, while on the left I swatched it lightly and smudged it a little. On my lips the color is quite subtle, pretty, and natural-looking, and would be barely noticeable except there are silver shimmers. I don’t really like shimmers because when the color fades, the shimmery bits get left behind so all I have are colorless lips with bits of silver shimmers.
What I like about Lipice Color Lip Balm
- It has a sheer, nice pink color which looks natural on my lips and is great for everyday wear, or if I’m going out and don’t want to put makeup on but still want a little color on my face.
- It doesn’t irritate the delicate skin on my lips.
- It has SPF in it, and I often wear this when I’ll be out in the sun so I know my lips will be protected.
- It’s inexpensive. This cost me less than $3 and the tube should last me awhile even with regular use.
What I don’t like about Lipice Color Lip Balm
- The scent. It has a light floral scent which I can always smell when I apply it. I’d personally prefer that it were unscented, or that it smelled like something edible, like chocolate, vanilla, or fruit.
- The shimmers. I think it would look more my-lips-but-better if it didn’t have any shimmers in it.
- Unfortunately I don’t find it moisturizing at all. I like the tinge of color it gives and its SPF, but I wouldn’t use this solely as a lip balm. I’d rather put on a really moisturizing lip balm first, and then layer this on top of it when I’m going out.
Overall, I think this is an okay product. I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, cheap lip tint, or a lip product with SPF. However, if you’re looking for a lip balm that really moisturizes, this is not for you. I personally like my lip tints to be a bit more moisturizing so I won’t buy this product again, though I would probably try Lipice’s other products, just not the color Lip balms.