WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hey Pretty Faces,
Before I start my review, I want to know who doesn’t love chocolates? I know every girl is a chocolate lover, taste of chocolate on your lips with some lip goodness, well the answer is here, “Lush Sweet Lips Vanilla and Chocolate Sugar Lip Scrub.”
Before going to the review, let’s ask ourselves, how often do we scrub our lips? Once a month, every day or not once at all? Most of us put time and effort in taking care of our face and hair. We scrub our face, body, feet, etc., but not the lips. Lips are the most sensitive part on our face. The skin of the lips, have only three to five cellular layers and is very thin compared to facial skin, which has up to 16 layers . I believe that even though you have the most expensive Chanel lipstick or lip balm, you can end up looking like a mess if you have chapped and bleeding lips. I know it can be really gross, so scrubbing your lips is really important.
I know most of us can make lip scrubs at home using basic things like sugar, etc., but honestly, tell me how many of us would be bothered to make such a scrub, store it and use it everyday and make sure that it does not get contaminated? I am the lazy one of course and I like to keep things organised, so Lush’s lip scrub is just perfect for me.
This product is basically a sugary lip scrub, but with a twist. It has flavours like bubble gum, the pink lip scrub, wow, mint and chocolate. I love chocolates, so I went ahead and bought the “Sweet Lips,” which is the chocolate-flavoured lip scrub.
Chocoholics, step right up! Sweet Lips is our cocoa and vanilla infused scrub that tastes like freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Vanilla extract and jojoba oil keep your lips moist, castor sugar gently exfoliates, and the rich, deep fragrance of cocoa absolute gives this an irresistible touch. This one is so scrumptious that we’ve received many guilty customer confessions of eating the scrub right out of the pot (naughty people!) Chocolate vanilla and sugar? We can hardly blame them.
Packaging: Cute glass jar with back lid.
£4.95 (INR 403.19) for 25 gm.
Pros of Lush Sweet Lips Vanilla and Chocolate Sugar Lip Scrub:
- It smells and tastes of chocolate, if you are a chocolate lover, please go ahead and smell this!
- Edible, yes!! You read it right because it is completely natural with cocoa and sugar, you just lick the scrub, its purely edible!
- Does the job of clearing away dead and flaky skin and leaves the lips moisturised.
- Shelf life is pretty good considering other Lush products. This will last you for a year and two months.
- Comes in a tiny bottle which is handy and be easily carried around while travelling.
- Can be used all year around.
Cons of Lush Sweet Lips Vanilla and Chocolate Sugar Lip Scrub:
I personally love this product, just not because of its smell and taste, but in the way it works, it does what it claims to do. The lip scrub removes dead skin gently and keeps lips smooth. It is light and not greasy and also a great base for lipstick.
- Do use petroleum jelly before you start scrubbing and let it soak in for a little while to get good results because scrubbing dry lips will not be a good idea.
- Don’t put your finger into the container, instead use a tiny spatula to keep the scrub hygienic.
- Don’t scrub too much as this will result in bleeding.
- Do use a toothbrush to scrub gently.
- Do use a lip balm after scrubbing to maintain the moisture.
Do I Recommend Lush Sweet Lips Vanilla and Chocolate Sugar Lip Scrub?
I would recommend it to everyone. Use it regularly to get kissable lips, muuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! :-*
See, you guys in the next post, till then.
Love, Laugh, and Makeup!
Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel
Body Butter: Lush Body Butters
Lush NEW! Shampoo Bar and American Cream Conditioner
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Sweet Tart
Burt’s Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss Sweet Pink
The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Lip Butter
Lipice Color Lip Balm in Sweet Rose
Montagne Jeunesse Self Heating Fudge Sauna Hot Vanilla
Lotus Herbals Vanilla Lip Therapy
The Body Shop Spiced Vanilla Bath and Shower Gel
Lush Vanilla Dee-lite vs The Body Shop Vanilla Body Lotion
Montagne Jeunesse Chocolate Face Masque
Revlon Moisture Stay Lip Color – Chocolate Crayon
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Dark Chocolate and Cherry Lip Butter
Shahnaz Husain Chocolate Nourishing Cream
Anatomicals Chocolate Truffle Bath Creme
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick Sugar Honey
Easy DIY Lip Sugar Scrub
Skin Food Black Sugar Mask
Lush Mint Julips Peppermint and Chocolate Sugar Lip Scrub