L’Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner Review and Swatches
Today I am going to review the L’Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Eyeliner Pencil.
I bought this last year from the US. There was a Buy One Get One Free offer going on and I picked these in Black and Brown. This eyeliner pencil has been listed in the ‘Marie Claire 25 Best Beauty Products of 2010’ list.
What L’Oreal claims:
Now, get the intense look and luxurious feel of a liquid liner with the easy application and precision of a pencil. Extra-Intense Liquid Eyeliner pencil glides on smoothly and evenly for beautiful definition in a single stroke. The smudge resistant formula provides 16 hours of non-stop wear.
About the product:
Price: Varies from 7$ to 8.5$ depending on where you buy it from.
Quantity: 0.03 oz/1.10g
Colors: Black, brown and gray
This is the first liquid pencil eyeliner that I have tried. As I have a tough time to apply liquid liner the concept of liquid liner in pencil form attracted me. I have used pencil liners in the past but they have been hard and tugged the lids. However, these pencils are very smooth and creamy in texture and glide on your eyelids like a dream. It’s a great way to learn how to apply eyeliner on the lids.
1. True to the name the color is very intense.
2. Rich Matte color. No shimmer. No glossy finish.
3. The pigmentation is great – one swipe and you are done.
4. It is super soft and creamy and glides like a dream on the eyes without any pulling or tugging.
5. You can smudge the liner within few seconds of applying to achieve the soft Smokey look. After that it sets.
6. The pencils have a common black body but the ends are colored so identifying the pencil is not an issue if you own several of them.
7. The liner comes off easily with cleansing milk.
8. It is very long lasting but not sure if the 16 hour claim is true.
9. Ophthalmologist tested.
10. This is a personal choice – from hygiene point of view, I prefer pencils that can be sharpened instead of retractable pencils.
What I don’t like about L’Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner:
1. It is not smudge proof as they claim to be. As I have oily eyelids, by the end of the day the liner does feather and bleed near the corners of the eyes especially in summer. I need to do touch ups now and then.
2. You can’t get the precision like how you would get when you would use a liquid liner.
3. I usually work with sharp pencils. One-two swipes and it is blunt, so this pencil needs to be sharpened very quickly. So it would finish up very soon.
4. The black outer casing is made of some wood-plastic kind of material, when sharpened leaves sharp edges. I am scared that it would scratch my eyes while application.
5. Though it says Ophthalmologist tested, it does not mention if it is waterline safe or not. Seeing the list of ingredients I don’t think it would be wise to use on waterline.
6. As it is very creamy I feel it will melt in summers. In order to avoid this I place it in the fridge for an hour or so. This way it doesn’t break while sharpening it.
7. If you have oily lids, you need to use a primer to avoid smudging.
8. It is not waterproof. Nothing to complain as they don’t claim to be waterproof but I wish it was waterproof.
9. L’Oreal does animal testing.
10. Not available in India.
11. Pricey if bought without any special offers.
I bought the Colorbar I glide pencils after I bought these pencils and fell in love with them.
I couldn’t help comparing these with the Colorbar I-glide pencils:
Both of them are great in terms on how intense the colors are. Both are extremely creamy and soft. I would any day choose Colorbar as it is waterproof and it doesn’t smudge or budge at all. I don’t need to worry about touch ups. Also, Colorbar is safe for the pocket.
Would I repurchase: No, because they tend to smudge on me. Also, I don’t know when they would be launched in India and even if they do launch I am not sure how they would be priced.
By now all of you know how much I love Colorbar I glide pencils. I think it will take me some time to move onto some other pencil.
L’Oreal Minerals Kohl Powder Eyeliner
L’oreal Paris – Color Appeal Trio Pro Eye Shadow Review & Tutorial
Pink Blue Smokey Eye With MaXfactor, Loreal Eyeshadows
L’oreal Lip and Eye Makeup Remover
L’oreal 24 Hour Superliner Gel Eyeliner Photos, Swatches
L’Oreal Hip Studio Secrets Professional Kohl Eyeliner