Rimmel Liquid Eyeliner and Rimmel Pencil Eyeliner
After buying eyeliners from Rimmel on a whim when they were on sale, they are now my favorites of all time. I am not a big fan of wearing black eyeliners all the time since black can be a little harsh especially during the day. Usually when you put black on a daily basis, and forget to put it on one day…it seems like as if your eyes are naked. Therefore, I am always looking for eyeliner colors that make my eyes twinkle and still give some definition to my eyes for a daily basis.
I have countless eyeliners but I have developed an eternal liking for the following two eyeliners.
First of all, I bought the Rimmel “Get In Line” liquid eyeliner in copper brown (600). I have always used brown eyeliners but mostly in pencil for a daytime look. It would sort of blend in and make my eyes pop all at the same time. I bought this liquid eyeliner because I had run out of my previous brown eyeliner pencils, but I was in for such a treat. It will cost around $1.99-$2.99.
- Perfect definition; high color intensity
- Liner gives fine precision lines with one brush stroke
- Film forming ingredients bond the color pigment to the skin for long lasting wear
- Get In Line Liquid Eye Liner Precision felt tip applicator and long-lasting formula allows for sharp eye definition.
- Colors: Copper Brown, Black, Sapphire Blue, and Forest Green
What I think:
- It is very precise and it is very easy to do a cat eye even in copper brown
- The brush tip is hard so it is easy to apply steadily similar to the Lakme high definition eyeliner
- It has glints of shimmer in all the eyeliners, but there are specks of bronze/gold in the copper brown
- The copper brown is actually more like a dark bronze color which is all the rage right now
- Dries very quickly after you put it on and no need to do a second coat or touch up
- It can wear off though if you rub your eyes too much; it is not full proof from rubbing which is the only downfall
- I really love it because it really makes my eyes pop
- Really good for an Indian complexion and eyes
- Also, it does not irritate or burn and you do not have to tug your eyes to apply it
- It will come off with makeup remover, oil, or even face wash but that might take a little longer
- The best part is that you can make smooth lines with the eyeliner without breaking the line in the middle…it is that smooth
Can you see the shimmer specks?
Look at the smooth line and the shimmery bronzey effect it has!
My rating for the eyeliner would be: :-* :-*:-* + 0.5
It goes on really smooth, doesn’t flake off, and lasts most of the day! It is really easy to apply, and the color is really great. I love the strong pigmentation with hints of shimmer in it…very pretty!
The second eyeliner I really like form the line is the Special Eyes Precision eye liner pencil in ivy or forest green. This eyeliner is anywhere around 3-4 bucks ($). I don’t quite remember. I have been using this eyeliner for over a year and I just love it. There are many times when a pencil liner looks one color and comes off looking as another color on your skin, but that is not the case for this eyeliner.
- It has very nice pigmentation to it…it is the darkest of darkest greens and is just a very pretty color
- It glides on like a dream, and doesn’t tug your skin at all
- Doesn’t irritate or burn at all even on he waterline
- I always smooth it out a bit after sharpening so I don’t poke myself in the eye
- I love the consistency of the pencil…it is very soft
- Available in every color imaginable
- You can smudge it to give a smoky effect, you can make it thin or thick
- Can use it on the water line or the lash line…works wonderfully on both
- Will smudge if you rub it hard which is the case in most pencil liners
- Combine with other liners to accentuate the colors
- Price is reasonable, will last a very long time ( I have had it for a year now and still have more than half the pencil)
- Can be very precise when sharpened and very smoky when not
The reason I most love this eyeliner is because it is so versatile. I can use it alone or with other eyeliner…use it as a dark shadow and then smudge it or just use it for a smoky effect. It looks very pretty with brown/hazel eyes, which most Indians have so I believe it is a must have for our complexion and eyes.
My rating for this eyeliner would be: :-*:-*:-*:-* …it is just so pretty.
Combined look with both the eyeliners above:
Both the eyeliners above…I love combining them with black eyeliner and then build onto it similar to the picture below. I used black gel eyeliner for the base, and then added some liquid copper brown with some ivy pencil eyeliner, and it just gives my eyes all the colors it needs to pop. That is why I love the above liners…for their versatility! Go out and get these eyeliners and see the different combinations you can use them with! 🙂 Hope you liked them and let me know!!!