Skin Color: Medium fair
Skin Type : Normal to dry
MAC Foundation shade : NC 35
I have done a very detailed review of Retro Matte Lip Colors HERE .
I am quickly reviewing two more colors from the range that I am heads over heels in love with. OMGG!!! As much as I was not a massive fan of Rich & Restless and Mademoiselle, I am obsessed with these two. I might just start drinking more water just so these could look flawless on my
dry lips. 😀
Price : Rs 1800/-
Feels so Grand is a gorrgeous deep red lip color. It reminds me a lot of Scarlett O’Hara from Sugar Cosmetics just that it is even brighter. It also applied so beautifully and did not accentuate fine lines as some of the other lighter colors in the range. It stays on for around 6 hours on me and I don’t feel the need to apply a lip liner underneath this one. And honestly, it does not really disappear until I remove it with a makeup remover. One of the most long staying reds I’d say. This is a little drying just all the liquid matte lipsticks.
Rating : 4.5/5
To Matte with Love is a stunning rose pink lipsticks. This accentuated fine lines of my lips more than feels so grand but nonetheless one of my favourite pinks ever. It’s like a bright pink but not a full on fuchsia that sometimes can look intimidating. This has that flavour of subtleness but still being a statement lip color.
Rating : 4/5
To sum up these lipsticks quickly –
- super pigmented – no need for lip liner underneath. Also all the colors are very bold so if you are looking for ‘natural’ shades these are not for you.
- can be drying and some of these even crack and accentuate every fine line of lips. Found this majorly with Mademoiselle. So definitley use a lip scrub before using these.
- very long staying. minimum of 6 hours
- do not feather or smudge or bleed or transfer once they set.
- smell of regular mac vanilla lipsticks but have no taste
- their applicators are beautifully designed and really fit the contours of the lips.
- come in transparent tubes so are easier to store.
- One or two shades are a must have from the collection. 😀
Feels So Grand
To Matte with Love
left : to matte with love, right : feels so grand
top to bottom feels so grand, quite the standout, to matte with love, divine divine
MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor Rich & Restless, Mademoiselle Review, Swatch, FOTD
MAC Oh Lady Retro Matte Liquid Lip Colour Review
Mac Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor Recollection
Mac Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor Tailored To Tease Review + Sneak Peek
Mac Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor Personal Statement
Mac Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor Back In Vogue
Mac Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor Dance With Me
All Mac Viva Glam Lip Colors + Lip Swatches